Location: United Kingdom South Central Region
Closing Date: 24 Jan 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Glaucoma Surgical Sales Representative - South, Alcon, UK ** Surgical sales / Medical devices / Theatre / Glaucoma / Ophthalmic / NHS ** Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. ...
Glaucoma Surgical Sales Representative - South, Alcon, UK
** Surgical sales / Medical devices / Theatre / Glaucoma / Ophthalmic / NHS **
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Glaucoma Sales Representative is primarily responsible for achieving sales and growth targets for his/her territory. The role will also work closely with aligned customers, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and cross-functional colleagues to ensure as many patients as possible have access to Alcon’s innovative Glaucoma product portfolio. The role will require frequent travel within the aligned territory mainly -London and Bristol.
• Drive uptake of new treatment paradigms in glaucoma surgery working closely with Market Access, Medical and other cross-functional colleagues.
• Optimise, grow and manage glaucoma business in aligned territory using customer insights, business planning methodologies and the Alcon sales model, to achieve agreed sales and growth targets.
• Develop new business with customers in order to achieve safe and effective use of Alcon Products.
• Create, maintain and optimise win-win relationships with key customers and KOLs.
• Promote and drive utilisation of appropriate products to all existing and potential customers.
• Provide feedback and insights on competitor activities in the field via line management.
• Organise and co-ordinate local meetings on territory, to promote the Alcon brand and drive achievement of department goals and sales targets.
• Constantly upgrade ones standard of knowledge and understanding of the specialties in which we operate.
• Be an active team member, supporting others’ as needed to ensure achievement of team goals and objectives.
• Ensure adequate administrative and compliance duties are carried out in accordance to local policies and procedures, including CRM reporting.
• Maintain and uphold an excellent company image, by way of personal presentation in both attitude, dress and condition of company car at all times.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-ALC = Alcon Jobs Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree qualification or equivalent in Life Sciences or a related field - desired
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) Any other European language - desired
• Proven experience in medical devices and medical sales environment - mandatory
• Extensive ophthalmic surgical sales experience with a track record of appropriate achievements - desired
• Proven ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the ophthalmic surgical device market - desired
• Experience of working with both secondary care and primary care payers – desired.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.