Medical Lead Haematology
Company: Edelway Switzerland AG
Location: Vaud Area
Closing Date: 13 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
Edelway is a pan-European Pharma Consultancy. One of our best clients, a global, pharmaceutical company based in Vaud Area, Switzerland is currently looking for experienced Medical Lead Haematology.
You will be required to lead the Haematology team developing and executing strategy for both current and pipeline products whilst providing insights around key brands and marketplace in the EMEA and global teams. You will help to optimise brand/therapy strategy whilst making decisions on current and future licence indications, enabling internal and external customers to make informed decisions.
- Lead the development of the medical affairs team strategy for allocated therapy area.
- Regularly coach/mentor all direct reports to develop effective performance management.
- Conduct regular personal development plan.
- Provide training provision in order to meet development needs.
- Conduct recruitment interviews/assessments as required.
- Review summarised literature searches, analysed clinical papers, attend conferences, courses and other such events to be aware of the latest scientific and clinical advances.
- Monitor competitor promotional and scientific activities to understand their ongoing strategies, as well as to assess their compliance with the Code of Practice.
- Meet with identified key customers and researchers on a regular basis through meetings, conferences etc.
- Manage and maintain positive relationship with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Deliver scientific and medical content for medical advisory boards, as well as chairing/co-chairing.
- Be the point of contact for principal investigators proposing investigator initiated studies.
- Support communications team with patient advocacy groups and their initiatives.
- Represent the company to professional groups/bodies e.g. ABPI Cancer Subgroup, by attending meetings etc.
- Lead medical affairs engagement in the UK Country Value Team, feedback insights from customers.
- Engage with internal stakeholders on topics of mutual interest in order to encourage optimal use and/or understanding of products.
- Network with the Global and EMEA Medical Affairs, R&D, GCO, SKM, Medical Education and marketing teams to ensure free flow of information and ideas between the different teams, while aligning objectives.
- Complete annual Drug Safety and HCC Awareness training.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will be registered with Royal Society of Pharmacists or GMC or equivalent for MBBS.
- You will have extensive experience in Haematology/ Oncology.
- Extensive experience in a similar role is desired.
- You will have strong man management experience with strong examples of coaching, mentoring and leading.
- You will be strategic in your approach with the ability to consider the bigger picture.
- You will be able to build strong relations with the ability to influence, collaborate, lead and delivery on all areas of the above job description.
If this sounds like your next challenge please send us your CV at email@example.com.