Code of Practice & Zinc Manager - UK - Pharma
Company: Planet Pharma Staffing Limited
Closing Date: 13 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): 60,000 - 80,000
Benefits: Car allowance, healthcare, pension, bonus etc
Our client is a global pharmaceuticals company based just outside of Central London. They have a requirement for an experienced professional with a strong background in Quality Assurance to join their team on a permanent basis.
To provide oversight of and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes related to the ABPI and IPHA Codes of Practice
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular monthly audits on promotional, non-promotional and examination materials and activities from both a quality and SOP/WP-compliance perspective (to include ZINC, FAST and hard-copy archiving records)
- Identify non-compliances, and ensure the development and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventative actions to optimise compliance with company policies and procedures
- Act as the ZINC lead for the affiliate, liaising with ZINC-MAPs and relevant internal stakeholders to optimise and enhance the use of ZINC for the UK/Ireland affiliate
- Single Point of Contact for changing access rights in ZINC
- Conduct regular ZINC training sessions: responsible for training all new users (including agency partners) on ZINC, implement and run a monthly ZINC clinic to assist users with ZINC issues and run training sessions as required to raise awareness of ZINC functionalities and changes following any upgrades
- Provide regular ZINC and FAST metrics on the performance of the UK/Ireland Affiliate in relation to activities/material review and approval. Inform Code of Practice Compliance Forum of trends and significant issues at each meeting
- Provide support for internal /external audits for the UK/Ireland Affiliate in relation to Code of Practice activities
- Coordinate the Code of Practice complaints process in relation to inter-company disputes, PMCPA complaints and MHRA advertising/promotional complaints, working with internal stakeholders as appropriate company Code of Practice-related processes. Escalate questions where required and work with final signatories and the Code of Practice Compliance Forum (as appropriate) to ensure that timely responses are delivered
- Responsible for the development/maintenance of Code of Practice-related work practices and job aids in collaboration with the relevant internal stakeholders
- Manage the hard-copy archiving process in accordance with company written procedures
- Manage withdrawal of promotional and non-promotional items as per company written procedures
- Maintain a current list of items in use
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Degree in life sciences and ABPI qualified.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience is essential with significant experience within a Compliance team holding a specialist role and knowledge of the ABPI and IPHA Codes of Practice.
- Leading the operation of quality systems, processes, audit and inspection is essential.
- Must be pro-active, self motivated, highly flexible team player.
- Excellent assertiveness, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand laws, codes and policies and the need to translate into practical, workable procedures and clear guidance for all involved.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and planning / organisational skills with the ability to work to strict timelines and handle multiple priorities / deadlines without losing attention to detail.
- Experienced ZINC user.
- Appreciation of the reputation of the industry and an understanding of how to protect the companies reputation
CONTACT: Please call Sam Chapple at Planet Pharma for more information on 0203 868 8607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org