Company: Barrington James Europe
Closing Date: 13 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
Senior Health Economist – Largest HEOR consultancy worldwide
After a recent partnership with the world’s largest, privately owner HEOR consultancy, I am looking for experience HEOR professional’s to be appointed in a Senior Health Economist position.
The company aim to deliver high quality and innovative research solutions, working closely with clients to develop economic models and analyses for early product development and submission to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), the All Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG) and the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE), as well as other European and international authorities.
With over 100 employees worldwide the company has grown by over 25% in the past years, and due to its dynamic culture and set career paths, have an extremely low staff turnover.
· Providing strategic and technical expertise both to clients and internally
· Designing and developing transparent and user-friendly economic models throughout the product life cycle, pre and post launch
· Developing and communicating the economic value proposition of health technologies
· Developing the economic sections of health technology assessment (HTA) reimbursement dossiers and commissioning dossiers for a variety of global payers, with the main focus being NICE, SMC, AWMSG and NCPE
· Working in partnership with the client to best assess and demonstrate product value
· Taking ownership of economic modelling projects, with the opportunity to fulfil a lead role within multi-disciplinary projects
· Leading evidence gathering to inform value demonstration:
o Design of economic systematic reviews and application of learnings into model development
o Design and analysis of clinical trial data (e.g. survival analysis, quality of life analysis)
o Potential to participate in the design of utility studies
o Running Delphi panels and advisory boards to inform model parameterisation / validate model inputs and outputs
· Line management of 1 – 2 more junior health economists
· Providing input into proposal writing and the development of new business opportunities and services
· Developing publications and conference abstracts / posters
Formal and informal training of clients in HTA and modelling topics
· At least 3 years’ experience in the design and construction of economic models from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or a relevant academic-consulting environment
· Experience of Markov health state cohort modelling and budget impact modelling
· Experience of Excel and VBA
· Experience of quality control, strategic and technical review / critique of economic models
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
· Ability to explain complex calculations and ideas both verbally and in writing
· Excellent numerical ability and critical thinking
· Experience managing projects within timelines, budget and scope
· Ability to resolve issues and challenges as they arrive
For more information please apply to the position now.
Rowan House Smallfield Road Horley Surrey
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.