Head of Marketing and Communications
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 27 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a Head of Marketing and Communications at their base in London, UK. This is a dynamic and innovative organisation who pride themselves on their passion and expertise in the medical field. ...
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a Head of Marketing and Communications at their base in London, UK. This is a dynamic and innovative organisation who pride themselves on their passion and expertise in the medical field.
- This Head of Marketing and Communications job will take responsibility for the Company's marketing and communications strategies to ensure our continued growth and success both within the UK and abroad.
- Reporting into the Chief Business Officer (CBO) this individual as the Head of Marketing will take a lead in the development of the services and activities of the company to enable the evolving needs of the industry that it serves and to also ensure that all stakeholders understand what the company offers and the ensuing successes that result from these activities.
- The Head of Marketing and Communications will also be responsible for creating board approved internal and external communications, PR, and marketing strategies, and delivering these through strong internal relationships whilst working with third party suppliers, including consultants and agencies.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the current and future needs of the industry we serve as relevant to the scope of our activities.
- To help develop current and new activities and capabilities of the company.
- To contribute this knowledge to the strategic long term plan.
- To devise and implement strategies to communicate the capabilities, successes and outcomes of the company to key audiences.
- To ensure the key audiences: collaborators, staff, funding providers and the research community are well informed about the business capability.
- To lead on media relations, crisis reputation management, internal and external communications (including social media) for the Company.
- To play a senior role within the management team, with delegated authority for the delivery of activities within an agreed work plan for the Company.
- To work as a key advisor to the CBO and other senior members of the Executive Team, including the CEO.
- To act as a corporate ambassador for the business in support of the Executive Team whilst working with discretion and confidence at external functions and client meetings where appropriate.
- Manage the marketing and communications team,
- Select and manage external agencies (including PR).
- To measure and monitor the success of our marketing.
Two or more of the following will be a requirement of this role:
- B2B Marketing of services in a professional consulting or engineering environment
- Professional journalistic, public relations, or television experience relevant to the business area.
- Working in the field of regenerative medicine, or cell or gene therapies with a strong understanding of the underlying science
- Business strategy and communications in a healthcare or pharmaceutical company
- 5+ years' experience of working at a senior level within communications and PR
- A track record of delivering strong communications and PR successes within a Life Sciences or pharmaceutical focused organisation would be beneficial
- Experienced in a B2B communications and a PR environment at a managerial level
- Experienced of liaising with Company employed agencies and Senior employees to promote the Company within the relevant media
- Experienced in implementing successful, integrated, strategic communications and marketing campaigns across both traditional and digital channels
- Experienced in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of an organisation including board level
- Experienced in working closely with business development, brand and communication teams
- Experienced in agency and supplier management
- Ability to understand complex information and translate it into market leading communications strategies
- Confident in managing and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experience of communications in a governmental setting would be beneficial
Education and Qualifications:
- Phd or Masters level degree in a scientific discipline from a leading university preferred.
- MBA or Strategic Marketing qualification from a world class institution advantageous.
- Undergraduate degree
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.