Location: United Kingdom Frimley / Camberley
Closing Date: 23 May 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Business Planning Analyst, Novartis, UK Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Business Planning Analyst, Novartis, England. ...
Business Planning Analyst, Novartis, UK
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Business Planning Analyst, Novartis, England.
The business planning analyst will support the Head of Finance and the Oncology Leadership team through a budget and planning process, ongoing performance monitoring and decision support in order to deliver financial results in line with expectations with no surprises. To support Medical Management in maintaining and improving their performance by: providing financial management information for decision support and control, challenging and evaluating medical projects and Clinical Trial budgets, to actively manage, track and communicate financial performance against target.
• Manage budget, rolling forecast and monthly reporting processes
• Oversee financial aspects of clinical trials.
• Partner with clinical project managers to ensure that budgets are appropriate, actual spend is in line with expectation and close-out is timely.
• Manage the refund from global to ensure an efficient process and accurate accounting.
• Support business managers in the formulation of their business and financial plans.
• Fully understand key business issues and drivers, including headcount and proposed capital/revenue expenditure that feed those plans
• Challenge budgets and projects within given assumptions and maintain valid financial plans.
• Identify options and risks, taking appropriate action to deliver against targets
• Produce transparent management reports including variance analysis for business partners and for Region/Global.
• Satisfy those requirements to agreed deadlines and motivate partners to show equal commitment to those deadlines
• Support decision making and follow up activities within the Business/Functions through helping to develop financial evaluation of a) proposed projects and b) planned or actual data in order that enhanced financial performance is delivered • Represent Finance within the business / functions and design business processes that are in line with internal control requirements
• Provide financial education to business partners Key Performance Indicators
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working
Top UK Employer
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Employee Recognition Scheme
Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-NOV Minimum requirements Requirements:
• Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree or equivalent in business or finance. MBA a plus • Postgraduate level in Management accounting (CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified or final stage study)
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
• Several years of relevant financial business experience in a major corporation
• Background in scientific, pharmaceutical or manufacturing company a plus
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.