Clinical Trial Technician
Company: Synexus Limited
Closing Date: 10 Mar 17
Salary (£): 0 - 20,000
Benefits: Up to UKP 18000.00 per year
Excellent opportunity for a Clinical Trial Technician
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space? Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renown throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases? Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe? If so, this may be the opportunity for you:
This is an excellent opportunity for a laboratory technician with a keen interest in the clinical trials or the pharmaceutical industry to play an implemental role in driving this organisation towards success.
Synexus has a great team of professional, smart and energetic people. We focus on continued professional development, engaging and supporting the team within in order to reach the common goals of the business. We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of, but not limited to, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance, Private Health Insurance*, Target Bonus Scheme, Profit sharing bonuses*, Childcare Vouchers, high street discount scheme.
* Dependent on role
Under the overall supervision of the Clinical Research Nurse Manager:
- Carry out duties in accordance with GCP and GLP (ICH GCP and local regulations)
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations ensure meticulous recording of data in both clinical and research notes.
- Liaise with Central laboratories effectively.
- Maintain accurate Biological sampling freezer Logs, Specimen Labelling, processing and dispatch documentation.
- Perform Quality Control checks of all laboratory documentation/source data entry and correct errors promptly; Work with monitors and Data Co-ordinator to ensure prompt corrections/answers to Data Queries.
- Produce study specific sample processing logs
- Conduct accurate clinical assessments of patients including vital signs, ECG acquisition, Height, weight, spirometry, venepuncture and biological sampling.
- Assist the RN with IMP/NIMP/Device checking, receipt, storage and temperature monitoring
- Maintain the clinical equipment calibration log files and coordinate the calibration visits in a timely fashion as per SOP requirements.
- Maintain clinical trial supplies (kits, dry ice) and order appropriate clinical supplies
- Complete all relevant clinical competency training assessments
- Complete all mandatory and study specific training according to Synexus COP’s & SOP’s
- Complete BLS training
Patient and Customer Care
- Welcome patients and put them at their ease.
- Ensure patients fully understand procedures; Encourage patients to express any concerns.
- Communicate results to clinical team.
- Deal courteously with patients at all times.
- Screen and perform clinical procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a pleasant and safe environment for patients.
- Fully inform patients about the tests to be conducted and guide patients in the requirements of the trial.
- Promote a positive image of Synexus to all monitors and other customer representative’s e.g. Central laboratories, couriers.
- Implement agreed systems to ensure high standards of customer service are maintained.
- Seek views of customers and try to rectify any concerns.
Working as a Team
- Liaise with and support colleagues; be flexible.
- Provide administrative support when requested by Line Manager
- Develop an awareness of other staff members’ roles providing help and assistance as appropriate as directed by the Clinical Research Nurse Manager/Senior Nurse.
- Participate actively in weekly team meetings and events to strengthen team spirit.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Participate actively in weekly team meetings, events to strengthen team spirit and in other regular meetings/ discussions with colleagues and customers.
- Prepare and promulgate reports of meetings, as required.
- Identify priorities; bring issues to the attention of Line manager to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
- Set positive example to all colleagues.
- Present positive view of Synexus to all external individuals and bodies.
- Share experience and knowledge with colleagues as appropriate and in and appropriate manner.
- Instil confidence in all patients and potential patients.
- Understand requirements for confidentiality
- Experience of working within a clinical environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a range of individuals verbally and in writing
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Conscientious approach and the commitment to working in an adaptable and flexible manner
- High Level of attention to detail
- To be qualified to an NVQ level in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working within a research environment
- Understanding of GCP, GLP including Health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to perform clinical procedures such as: Vital sign measurements, venepuncture, ECG acquisition
- Experience with biological sample processing, storage and despatch
- Knowledge of calibration and maintenance of clinical equipment
- Familiar with maintaining stock control and ordering appropriate clinical supplies
- Practice of drug/vaccine checking, storage and completion of associated paperwork within area of responsibility
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but incorporates the key framework of responsibilities and duties of the post holder.
As a successful Clinical Trial Technician, you will likely have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or a good level of working experience within clinical trials or in a similar role
- Experience of working as a medical laboratory technician or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Appropriate MS Office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Alternative Job Titles: Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomist, Healthcare Assistant (HCA), Healthcare Technician, Auxiliary Nurse
About the company