Location: United Kingdom South West & South Wales
Closing Date: 31 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Business Development Manager, Alcon, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness? We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Business Development Manager, Alcon, UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness?
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role is responsible for the development of sales of Vision Care products within a designated region in line with company objectives. The territory for this role is South Wales.
• Sales Management of all customers within the region providing a principle point of contact for Alcon Vision Care with the overall aim of developing long-term sales.
• Detailing of new products and marketing initiatives to the account base in a targeted way.
• Responsible for the negotiation of pricing within agreed company guidelines with all customers outside of the control of the National Accounts Team.
• The effective management of National Account outlets within the region ensuring objectives set by the respective National Account Managers are achieved at store level.
• Responsible for ensuring an effective marketing plan is developed for the allocation of Marketing Development Funds (MDF) to ensure the most effective return.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-ALC Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• Educated to ‘A’ Level standard (or equivalent) with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in a territory management role.
• At least 2 yrs experience with in Field Sales role or as a BDM. FMCG
• Highly organised and excellent communication skills
• Ophthalmology Therapy Area Experience would be advantageous.
• Experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred but not essential.
Alcon are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.