Location: Uxbridge, Middlesex, South East UK
Reference: MD - 005
Closing Date: 14 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Benefits: Full range of outstanding Corporate benefits
Medical Advisor vacancy available to work across Cardiology / Cardiovascular products at a Global Pharmaceutical company based in Buckinghamshire. Areas include anticoagulation, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia. Candidates will ideally be medically qualified (a cardiologist would be a bonus) or a qualified Pharmacist. Permanent & office based job in the Bucks, Middlesex, Berks area.
Medical Advisor requirements:
- GMC Registered Physician (ideally a cardiologist) or registered pharmacist with a higher degree
- Experience of working in a medical advisor, clinical research or similar role where there is strong evidence of gaining healthcare professional insight and providing medical input into brand strategy.
- Knowledge of the UK National Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience of the ABPI Code of practice and involvement in the copy approval process (Final Signatory).
- Knowledge of pricing issues and experience of contribution to HTA dossiers.
- Complete knowledge of country regulations e.g. CoP.
- Previous experience of leading and managing teams
- Experience in the Cardiovascular and thrombosis Disease Area
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process.
Medical Advisor Hours of work: Full time, Head Office based, with a need to travel to various locations across the UK depending on business need.
Overview: To provide internal and external medical support by being an expert on product, patient treatment trends and scientific activities within the disease area, ensuring compliance with SOPs as well as legal and ethical standards.
Accountabilities / Measures:
1. Medical Affairs Leadership at UK and European level to ensure UK representation in European development plans and lifecycle management plans.
- Participate and be an active member in the UK Medical and Brand teams in order to provide medical input into Brand Strategy.
- Be an active member of the European medical team, thus ensuring that UK needs are represented at a European and Global level.
- Identify and follow up PMT’s, manage IITs, co-ordinating budget and communication to the European medical team.
- Manage and co-ordinate medical brand budgets liaising with finance as required.
- Provide scientific support to marketing and regulatory plans based on analysis of medical literature and other information.
- Maintain direct contact with external experts to gather insights and input on treatments/DA and develop strong peer to peer scientific partnerships with them in order to assess unmet needs.
2. Provides expert support relating to product, patient treatment trends and scientific activities within disease areas.
- Continuously updates knowledge of products, patient treatment trends and scientific activities within the Disease Area.
- Communicate medical benefits for all products within the disease area in an accurate, balanced, fair objective manner.
- Provide timely and informative responses to scientific enquiries from external customers and internal partners which accurately reflect scientific data.
3. Assess promotional materials to ensure that all claims are supported by scientific data and presented in an accurate, fair and balanced manner
- Review European created materials/programmes, assess and ensure local applicability.
- Act as a role model who demonstrates consistent ethical and professional behaviour at all times.
- Alert management e.g. Medical Director of any compliance issues.
This is a full-time, Office based Medical Advisor role and as such candidates should be based in the Middlesex, Buckinghamshire or Berkshire area ideally. For a confidential discussion please contact Andy Smith at mdrecruitment on 07775 848 250. To apply directly send your CV to email@example.com
Medical Advisor Cardiology Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, London South East England Cardiovascular, Final Signatory Medical Advisor Cardiology Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, London South East England Cardiovascular, Final Signatory
Building 329, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1344 300 808|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.