Location: North England, Scotland, Glasgow, Manchester
Reference: MD - 004
Closing Date: 14 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Benefits: MSL standard - 7.2K Car Allowance plus 20% Bonus etc
Medical Science Liaison, MSL, role available to work within Cardiology and to cover the North of England & Scotland. Candidates will ideally be medically qualified or PhD educated. This MSL role will cover cardiology products used to treat the following; blood clots (anti-coagulation), hypertension & hypercholesterolaemia and so previous cardiology experience (as a Medical Science liaison ideally) is required! Full time, permanent and 100% field based.
Medical Science Liaison MSL requirements:
- A Medical degree or PhD is strongly preferred; however a degree must be gained in one or more of the following disciplines: medicine, nursing, pharmacy or the pharmaceutical/life sciences.
- Experience of working in a similar field based role, clinical research or other similar role where you have strong evidence of leading healthcare professional interactions.
- Must have proven experience of presenting complex scientific information to HCPs at varying levels including Thought Leaders
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new therapy areas and environments.
- Knowledge of the UK National Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working in the Cardiology / Cardiovascular market
- Working experience of the ABPI Code of practice relevant to the role is desired.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process.
1. Product/Brand Experts
- The Medical Science Liaison will have expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the Disease Area and be expected to continuously update this expertise and knowledge
- The Medical Science Liaison is the first point of contact for the sales professional teams, for complex medical questions that require in depth medical knowledge.
- The Medial Science Liaison will, where appropriate, support the Learning and Development Executive in the training of Sales Professionals by providing in depth medical and scientific disease area and product knowledge.
2. Thought Leader Management
- The Medical Science Liaison will develop and maintain contacts with Thought Leaders, in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to gain insight into treatment patterns, the scientific activities taking place within the Disease Area and the needs of health care providers in the Disease Area.
- The Medical Science Liaison will respond appropriately with accurate scientific data to unsolicited scientific questions from Physicians for Products/Brands with a Marketing Authorisation (on and off label ), and for products in development in compliance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards (ABPI, MHRA)
- The Medical Science Liaison will deliver clinical data in the support of health economic/value proposition discussions with payors e.g. advanced budgetary notification. These activities will be carried out in accordance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards (ABPI)
3. Contributor to Healthcare professional focused Activity
- The Medical Science Liaison will develop and contribute to scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data) under the guidance of the Medical Liaison Manager and the head office based Medical Advisor; such presentations should be reviewed according to the appropriate internal review processes to ensure medical accuracy and ethical and legal compliance
- The Medical Science Liaison will ensure that the most appropriate healthcare professionals are selected for involvement in medical activities e.g. advisory boards, clinical trials etc The Medical Scientist Liaison will be involved in the organisation of medical/scientific meetings (e.g. advisory boards) & congress medical activities.
- The Medical Science Liaison will advise the Brand Team in the development of scientifically meaningful educational programs such as Continuous Medical Educational Programs and Symposia.
- The Medical Science Liaison will identify and prepare speakers for UK meetings e.g. symposia, in collaboration with the Medical Advisor.
- Attendance at scientific congresses and meetings.
4. Contributor to Brand Plans & Strategies
- The Medical Science Liaison will contribute to the development of Brand Plans and Strategies by communicating Key Opinion Leader Thought Leader insight about the disease area, unmet medical needs, and treatment patterns.
5. Clinical Trial Support
- The Medical Science Liaison should collect investigators' proposals for local and regional clinical activities, ensure that these proposals are discussed within the local medical team, manage internal and external approval processes, and provide timely feedback to investigators.
- The Medical Science Liaison should participate actively in providing input to the Clinical Trials team on trial and survey feasibility and site suitability
- Work with the Medical Advisor and the Clinical Operations teams in contributing to site selection for sponsored studies
- The Medical Science Liaison should be the UK medical contact for investigators participating in sponsored clinical trials for any non-operational matters related to the trial. The Medical Scientist Liaison should work collaboratively with the Clinical Operations and Development teams to ensure that trials recruit to pre-defined timelines.
- Fully understand and be compliant with company SOPs and the latest ABPI Code of Practice and code cases relevant to the role
- Convey a clear message on legal and ethical standards to Key Opinion Leaders and Investigators
- Develop an understanding and competence of GCP and ICH, as well as legal and ethical standards.
- Alert management to possible compliance issues.
This is a full-time, field based cardiology Medical Science Liaison MSL role and as such candidates can be based anywhere in the North of England or Scotland. For a confidential discussion please contact Andy Smith at mdrecruitment on 07775 848 250. To apply directly send your CV to email@example.com
MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Cardiology, North of England Scotland Glasgow Medical Advisor Edinburgh Manchester UK, Cardiology, Medical Science Liaison North of England Scotland Glasgow Edinburgh Manchester MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Cardiovascular, UK, Medical Science Liaison Scotland CV Hypertension Medical Advisor
Building 329, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1344 300 808|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.