Scientific Programme Manager - Mass Serialisation and Production (Grade A1/2)
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Closing Date: 07 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Would you like to work for one of the leading international organisations in the field of public health protection? Do you have at least 3 years of professional experience in combating counterfeit/falsified medical products (including mass serialisation) and in managing activities in pharmaceutical production and/or distribution chain? This might just be the job for you. Make sure to submit your application in time.
What we will expect you to do here:
Your areas of responsibility will cover:
Anti-counterfeiting activities. you will, for example:
- manage the development and implementation of activities related to conformity assessments of medicines’ mass serialisation tools and activities to prevent falsified medicines from reaching patients in the EU Member States, but also promote and support the establishment of mass serialisation systems in non-EU Member States;
- organise, manage and monitor projects in the area of risk management and prevention related to counterfeiting of medical products and similar crimes with a particular focus on the implementation of the Medicrime Convention in close collaboration with other Council of Europe Directorates;
- contribute to the visibility of anti-counterfeiting programmes.
Production of reference standards - you will, for example:
- help improve the security and traceability of EDQM reference standards;
- provide technical advice and expertise to the Head of Production, production technicians and operators on all process, equipment and operational issues;
A comprehensive description of responsibilities is available in the vacancy notice.
A job at the EDQM is more than just a job - what we offer:
- the opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection - the quality standards that our organisation sets for safe medicines and their safe use are recognised as a scientific benchmark not only in Europe, but world-wide.
- the chance to work in multi-national/multi-cultural workplace with the best specialists in the field – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM in Strasbourg;
- a highly competitive, income tax free salaries (monthly salary from € 4 629,07), an attractive benefits package including health insurance, pension and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (further information available here).
What you should bring to the job:
- a higher education degree or qualification in pharmacy, chemistry or a similar domain;
- at least 3 years of professional experience in combating counterfeit/falsified medical products, including mass serialisation, and in managing activities in pharmaceutical production and/or distribution chain;
- very good knowledge of one official language of the Council of Europe (English or French) in oral and written communication; good knowledge of the other;
- awareness of international political, economic, scientific and regulatory developments in the pharmaceutical and medicines field, organisational awareness;
- a sound expertise when it comes to management of projects and programmes, influence and authority;
You can find more details about the job, information on how to apply and on the recruitment process on our Employment website (click on the APPLY button below). You must submit your application via our online recruitment system by 7th of March 2017.
 Gross, as of 1 January 2017