R&D Innovation Manager
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 01 Mar 17
Salary (£): Competitive
Our client is a multinational biopharmaceutical company, headquartered in Switzerland, that specializes in Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Orthopaedics. The company is looking to hire a R&D Innovation Manager to join their team in Singapore. ...
Our client is a multinational biopharmaceutical company, headquartered in Switzerland, that specializes in Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Orthopaedics. The company is looking to hire a R&D Innovation Manager to join their team in Singapore.
- The objective of this role is to help identify strategic partnering opportunities, create partnerships with biotech companies and universities and manage alliance(s) in order to access medical innovations originating in Singapore but for APAC and global markets allowing the company to enhance its pipeline and to increase its probability of success in in-licensing new product candidates.
- The position holder will assess potential opportunities along with global company colleagues to expand the R&D portfolio via access to innovative biologic targets for drug discovery, innovative product candidates, and innovative pharmaceutical development technologies.
- The ultimate goal for the position is to enhance the company's opportunities to access new drug candidates from discovery to clinical proof of concept. The disease focus areas are currently Reproductive Health, Urology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Osteoarthritis.
- The external R&D innovation includes new drugs of peptides / proteins, or organic small molecules, also includes technologies and platforms that can assist in the company's novel drug discovery or development. There will be funding, platforms and expertise in the company which can be made available to external partners.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities in the Singapore for RD collaboration or product in-licensing, focusing on innovative candidate medicines at the candidate drug level as well as innovative delivery systems and novel drug discovery programs.
- Managing alliances in Singapore
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with Singapore innovation leaders in academia, hospitals, governmental institutions, venture capital companies and biotech industry.
- Conduct in-depth landscape analyses in the above mentioned therapeutic areas through networking and on-site visits.
- Participating in academic and technical conferences to promote the company as the partner of the choice.
- The external partners will include companies and academics with the aim to form partnerships, licensing agreements or acquisition arrangements
- Building strong network with relevant internal departments, in particular R&D, medical affairs and to have an in-depth understanding of the company's technologies and expertise which can be made available to interested external companies.
- In partnership with R&D Business Development, providing alliance management for projects by facilitating communications between internal stakeholders and external partners.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5 - 10 years of pharma-industry experience, with emphasis on drug discovery and early stage product development, ideally across the company's therapeutic areas.
- A high-calibre scientific / pharmaceutical industry expertise with strong commercial sense and an Advanced Degree (PhD., in the Life Sciences)
- A track record of successful interactions / communications with biotech, academic and other collaborators as well as with multiple internal and external organizations.
- Some previous leadership and alliance management experience.
- A proven track record of managing drug discovery and early stage candidate drug projects
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Martin Grindrod on +65 6499 7141 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Reg. No. R1433761
EA Licence: 13C6865