Company: X4 Group
Closing Date: 15 Mar 17
Salary (£): 20,000 - 30,000
Reagents Scientist / ScientistPosition: Reagent ScientistLocation: ScotlandSalary: £25,000 - £28,000A Medical Device company based within the central belt of Scotland (commutable from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Stirling, Fife and Livingston areas) are looking for a Reagent Scientist to join the team on a permanent basis.Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of the reagents team you will develop assay reagents for multiple assays. ...
Reagents Scientist / Scientist
Position: Reagent Scientist
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
A Medical Device company based within the central belt of Scotland (commutable from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Stirling, Fife and Livingston areas) are looking for a Reagent Scientist to join the team on a permanent basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As part of the reagents team you will develop assay reagents for multiple assays.
- Preparation of fluorophore-antibody conjugates and antibody-coated microparticles for multiple assay development teams.
- Development of new, and improvement of current reagent preparation procedures.
- Development of new, and improvement of current in-process testing.
- Design, execution and analysis of appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay reagent formulations.
- Creating and maintaining quality records for the purpose of recording and documenting reagent development progress and associated experiments.
- Testing developed reagents against the required performance stability and cost requirements of assay platforms.
- Writing and updating procedures.
- Raising, investigating and closing non-conformances to agreed timelines.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Technically reviewing change controls and peer reviewing laboratory note books.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
Candidate Requirements (essential):
- Experience and knowledge of different coupling chemistries for functionalization of microparticles with antibodies or enzymes.
- Experience and knowledge of different coupling chemistries for forming antibody-enzyme conjugates.
- Experience and knowledge of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Ability to follow complex protocols accurately and provide ideas for possible method improvements
- Ability to run reference assays on clinical analysers
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex reagent manufacturing procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology
- Experience of working in a laboratory within GLP guidelines
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills
- High level of skills in problem solving and innovation
Candidate Requirements (beneficial):
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and AKTA
- Experience of developing particle-based immunoassays
- Working knowledge of electrochemical and fluorescent methods
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of the following:
- Reagent stability
- Assay performance
- Batch to batch variability
- Experience and understanding of factors important in drying reagents for use in immunoassays
- Experience of working in the medical device sector
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment
Apply by sending your updated CV through to email@example.com and call Laura on 0207 812 7700 to discuss your application in further detail.
Quality / SOPs / Batch / HPLC / AKTA / Scientist / Reagent / Chemical / Assay / Immunoassay / Medical Devices / Clinical / GLP / Laboratory