Clinical Contracts Manager - UBC
Company: United BioSource Corporation.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 27 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
Manage clinical study contracts (for both, interventional and non-interventional studies) and budgets and /or any other ancillary agreement required to conduct allocated projects as well as confidentiality disclosure agreements and letters of delegation. Liaise with relevant project management team, clinical, legal and other internal departments and sponsors to ensure contract management support throughout the life of the project.
Since 2003, UBC has been the home for people who are passionate about innovation, service and making a difference in peoples' lives and in the healthcare and biotech industries. As a service organization, UBC employees are our greatest resources. Their skills and expertise are what sets us apart in the industry.
Working here, you will support the development of life-changing therapies. You will work with peers who will become friends and leaders who listen to your feedback in a collaborative, innovative and fast-paced culture. You will enjoy competitive benefits, pay-for-performance compensation and rewarding recognition that promotes internal quality and critical alignment of our business objectives. And finally, you will enjoy the vast network of resources of our Fortune 20 parent organization, Express Scripts.Brief Description:
Manage clinical study contracts (for both, interventional and non-interventional studies) and budgets and /or any other ancillary agreement required to conduct allocated projects as well as confidentiality disclosure agreements and letters of delegation. Liaise with relevant project management team, clinical, legal and other internal departments and sponsors to ensure contract management support throughout the life of the project. Plan, initiate, and negotiate contracts and budgets directly with study sites.
Specific Job Duties:
- Serve as the primary operational contracts point person for assigned studies.
- Manage the preparation and contract negotiation process, including template development, documentation of contract template and revision, approvals, signature process, status tracking and reporting, scanning, filing and archiving original agreements.
- Directly interface with sponsor, project and site management, legal and other relevant stakeholders to develop and negotiate clinical study agreements (templates up to final draft), letters of delegations and confidentiality disclosure agreements within UBC and sponsor legal and financial guidelines.
- Attend study team meetings, teleconferences, kick-off meetings, and investigator meetings, as necessary.
- Appropriately escalate UBC risks associated with clinical study agreements, investigator payments and other operational vendor contracts.
- Maintain repository of operational contract templates as well as country specific budgets, requirements and timelines, and make available to project teams as needed. Monitor changes for potential template impact.
- Maintain repository of approved fallback language and apply as appropriate in negotiation process to accelerate finalization and execution of clinical study agreements.
- Contribute to and/or lead improvements to contract tracking tools, metrics reporting, operational effectiveness and investigator payment administration.
- Provide leadership and direction, including training, to project staff (internal and third-party vendor staff) in their communications with study site personnel regarding investigator agreements and budgets to ensure cooperative and effective communications between sites and UBC.
- Contract negotiations of other types of study-related agreements, including laboratory, radiology and consulting service agreements related scopes of work.
- Facilitate requests for pricing and narratives related to operational contract management and investigator payments for RFI/RFPs, client presentations or other UBC business needs.
- About 10% travel required
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree, Graduate Degree (in Law) preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience directly initiating, negotiating and executing legal and financial agreements.
- Excellent understanding of legal language and excellent negotiation skills
- Preferably three to five years’ experience in a clinical trials environment, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of competence in Word, Excel and other MS Office programs
- Ability to manage effectively in a multi-cultural matrix environment
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent organizational skills and flexibility to manage multiple priorities and take on new initiatives to support rapid growth
*LI-AF1-UBCNO AGENCIES PLEASE