Company: Novella Clinical Resourcing
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Reference: NC-1622327 ISSCMan
Closing Date: 16 Mar 17
Salary (£): 30,000 - 40,000
Benefits: Include bonus, health insurance, life assurance, pension etc
Line management opportunity in Study Start Up group at expanding global CRO, part of the Quintiles group of companies. Requires prior line management/team leadership experience, good knowledge of study start up activities and strong ICH-GCP knowledge.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LINE MANAGER ROLE? DO YOU HAVE CLINICAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE AND GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ICH-GCP? IF THE ANSWER IS 'YES' THIS ROLE COULD BE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
Novella Clinical, a Quintiles company, has a vacancy for an ISSC Manager, (Site Start Up). The ISSC (Investigator Strategy & Site Coordination) department is responsible for the quality and regulatory compliance of the Principal Investigator credentialing, essential documents and investigator site files process at Novella.
Essential job functions include:
• Responsible for direct line management for ISSC team members including resource selection and hiring performance training and oversight, timesheet review and approval and team collaboration activities.
• Leads Start Up activities and updates during weekly client teleconferences and internal team meetings.
• Interacts with sponsors, clinical and contracts teams to prioritize sites to be focused on for activation.
• Leads the development of site qualification questionnaires and protocol review, drawing on medical knowledge and regulatory expertise, to interview sites for potential involvement in studies or trials.
• Directs the creation and dissemination of Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) and Feasibility Questionnaires to sites and follows up accordingly to determine interest and to meet study timelines.
• Negotiates the CDA on behalf of sponsor according to country requirements.
• Oversees the negotiation of Informed Consent Forms.
• Leads a team as they assist sites with local IRB/ethics committee submissions
• Leads the start up team in creation of templates for regulatory documents specific to local and central Institutional Review Board (IRB) / ethics committee submissions. Oversees/leads in the assembly and distribution of regulatory documents to sites and/or assembles and distributes regulatory documents as the need arises.
• Notifies Regulatory Affairs department and/or assures team members notify Regulatory Affairs when initial essential documents are available for review. Works with Regulatory Department to resolve any concerns.
• Manages quality and regulatory compliance documentation among investigational sites.
• Manages study timelines, documents study challenges and communicates them to the, Sr. Mgr. or Associate Dir. and Project Manager.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Demonstrated ability in the leadership of a team of individuals in the start up type process activities.
• Knowledge of clinical research process and medical terminology.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to express complex ideas to study personnel, internal and sponsor team members.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within various clinical trials.
• Working knowledge of current ICH GCP guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Ability to reason independently, assess and recommend specific solutions in clinical settings, and mentor staff.
This is a full time, permanent role, initially office based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire but some home working may be possible at a later date. It offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Key words – study start up, study start up manager, line manager, document management manager, document manager,
Novella Clinical Resourcing
Ground Floor, Abel Smith House, Gunnells Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
|Fax:||+44(0)870 762 6257|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.