Location: Home or office based anywhere in the UK/EU
Closing Date: 02 Apr 17
Salary (£): Negotiable
Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits
• Project Manager/Senior Project Manager - Early Phase - Oncology • Home or office based anywhere in UK/EU
Chiltern has grown steadily and strategically for more than 30 years, building our expertise, systems and client relationships to become one of the world’s leading and most highly trusted Clinical Research Organisations. Today, Chiltern employs more than 4,200 staff globally and has experience conducting clinical trials in more than 47 countries. We are located strategically in the Asia Pacific region, Europe, Latin America, North America and South Africa to align with and respond to our clients’ evolving needs.
Due to an increase in Oncology project awards we are looking to add to our Oncology Project Management Teams.
The ideal candidate will come from a CRO background with experience managing Phase I/II studies in Oncology across the EU/Global, and be comfortable working independently. Candidates can be based anywhere in the EU either office or home based.
About the department: The Oncology team has specialist expertise, knowledge and understanding from working in collaboration with established Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies to develop ground breaking Oncology therapies. The Oncology team has worked on over 500 studies. We are working on a number of high profile molecular targeted cancer therapies, traditional chemotherapy as well as those involving targeted therapies with small molecules, immunotherapy and vaccine, virus and gene therapies.
Check out the Oncology section on our website! http://www.chiltern.com/therapeutic-expertise/oncology/
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading one or more Phase I/II/ clinical trials simultaneously and will lead initiation, conduct and reporting of clinical trials or programmes. The Project Manager will ensure by co-ordination of team activities that these projects are completed on or below budget, on or ahead of time and on target, according to the requirements of the contract with the Sponsor and ensure that project activities are executed according to the quality standards defined by appropriate procedures and by ICH GCP. The Project Manager will have full accountability for the project budget.
Responsibilities of the PM:
• Supervise and evaluate the Oncology project management team and conduct of late phase clinical trials to ensure the accomplishment of established goals and objectives
• Manage and coordinate project team activities to ensure consistently high performance across the Chiltern project portfolio to the satisfaction of the client(s)
• Monitor and review the clinical studies in terms of financial progress, business metrics, KPI’s and compare to milestones delivered
• Provide timely input into monthly internal program management project status reviews
• Develop project schedules of tasks with input of project team members; identify responsible parties, staffing needs, and timeframe for completion of project with list of deliverables, plan timeline in concert with client commitments
• Identify impending obstacles to the successful completion of the project, analyses information and develop innovative solutions to challenges
• Serve as a mentor to Project Managers including the facilitation of their training and orientation and as a resource for administrative and project related issues
• Participate as required, in proposal development, business development, and client presentations and be available to present department responsibilities and functions to potential clients
• Participate in development and implementation of department training programs where required.
• Bachelor’s degree, equivalent of higher qualification in a relevant life sciences discipline
• Must have early phase experience, with ideally phase I dose escalation
• Clear understanding of contracts and scope of work
• Ability to demonstrate strong commercial business acumen
• Ability to work to strict operational deadlines and manage conflicting priorities accordingly
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact and manage relationships with international colleagues and clients orally and in writing
• High level of IT literacy including use of Internet, email and Microsoft Office suite of packages
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
• Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
This is a full time role and may involve travel
Locations considered: UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland
No freelance applications or agency enquiries will be considered
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Chiltern International, please visit our web site at www.chiltern.com
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to be part of a growing company with a strong brand and professional employees that care about the work they are involved in. Chiltern is constantly working to develop training capacity, therapeutic expertise, new technologies and processes to be one of the leading CROs globally.
Working for Chiltern will offer an excellent opportunity to raise your profile and develop your career whilst giving you the flexibility to enjoy a good work life balance.
Please note that if your experience does not mirror that of our requirements for this role you may not receive a response
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.