UK Medical Scientific Liaison - Field Based, North of England/Scotland/Northern Ireland
If you would like to find out more regarding this excellent opportunity, please feel free to reach out to me directly on (0044) 114 294 5005 or alternatively email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To liaise with the scientific community as a field based medical function, providing the exchange of scientific information and supporting non-promotional, commercial initiatives, while developing; and ensuring appropriate use of, products to the benefit of patients.
Key Responcibilities & Accountabilities:
- Be the field based medical expert of drug and therapy for the business.
- Build and maintain partnerships with Opinion Leaders (OLs), in current and future areas of interest
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders
- Identify data gaps and research opportunities as well as support IIS and sponsored studies
- Proactively provides OL/ field based insights to the brand team to support medical and scientific strategy and communications
- Support Market Access team activities
- Ensure all activities are in line with the ABPI Code of Practice
- Field based medical expert of drug and therapy for the business.
- Keep up to date with clinical knowledge, published data and trial work for company products, including attendance at scientific meetings and conferences and actively communicate insights/ new information to the Medical team and brand team as appropriate
- Provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed products and indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs
- Answer medical/technical enquiries from HCPs by the retrieval, evaluation and presentation of high quality information using in-house and external sources, in a timely manner Build and maintain partnerships with Opinion Leaders (OLs)
- Identify and map key OLs for potential collaborative projects and develop a plan for how best to engage with OLs and develop long term relationships.
- Establish contact and build partnerships with Opinion Leaders (OLs)
- Maintain on-going relationships with national and local OLs
- Engage in a peer-to-peer two-way scientific exchange to support and develop the expertise of the customer, thus supporting patient care.
- Become the preferred source of information on therapy area for the OL
- Provide speaker training and support to HCPs to maintain knowledge levels within the healthcare community about new therapies developed and commercialised by the business.
Research and Project Support :
- Identify and track potential research opportunities that are aligned with Norgine molecule development objectives through facilitating Clinical Research (e.g. non-interventional studies, registries, epidemiology projects, preclinical or translational research) as agreed by Medical TA Head.
- Collaborate with external / internal CRO team and Medical Advisors, to support clinical sites, providing feasibility and research site recommendation as required in accordance with guidelines, Norgine Internal Policies, and regulations.
- Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the company on IIS (investigator initiated studies) submissions.
Scientific and clinical expert for sales force and other internal stakeholders
- Provide medical support, training and cross functional working (i.e. disease state and product) to Norgine colleagues (e.g. sales reps, CRAs, etc.) as required.
- Support Market Access team activities
- Through peer-to-peer two-way scientific exchange, bring insights into the business to support strategy and future product development
- UK/Ire Medical Affairs team
- Central Medical Affairs
- UK/Ire RCU Marketing, Sales and Market Access
- External stakeholders inc NHS, CROs
Skills & Knoledge:
- Physician, pharmacist, PhD qualification in science, nurse or other scientific qualification with significant medical / clinical experience.
- The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard. ? Knowledge of the applicable GXP regulations, Good Clinical Practice, ICH Guidelines
- Good understanding of the clinical trials process and research infrastructure in the UK and Ireland ? Possess excellent presentation and team working skills
- Project management skills – to deliver on complex tasks within timeframe and manage milestones
- IT skills in particularly competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work autonomously, in a field-based setting whilst contributing positively to the central Medical Affairs team
- External and Internal customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with HCPs to ensure opportunities for the NHS, Norgine and patients are maximised
- The highest ethical standards, with a working knowledge of industry standards including the ABPI Code of Practice.