Location: Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark
Closing Date: 20 May 17
Salary (£): Competitive
As a Director, Business Development for Late Phase CRS you will act as an overall customer or account relationship manager and strategic business partner for both established and new accounts, in liaison with Client Research Services (CRS) Management.
PAREXEL strives to be the premier provider to the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries for the development and commercialization of new medical therapies worldwide. Our mission is to combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease.
As a Director, Business Development for Late Phase CRS you will act as an overall customer or account relationship manager and strategic business partner for both established and new accounts, in liaison with Client Research Services (CRS) Management. You will be responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities within accounts. As a result of this you will develop and oversee the Sales Strategy for assigned customers and accounts, manage the sales process and coordinate with Operations at PAREXEL to ensure Customer/Account satisfaction.
This role can be field / home based in any region of Sweden, Norway, Denmark or Finland.
You will report to the EU VP, Business Development and provide work direction to all PAREXEL staff involved in the sales process and sales admin. You will works closely with other Directors, VP's and Managers and all relevant people who support the sales process throughout the business. It is key you develop and work closely with customers/ client accounts.
- Actively prospects and leverages potential new business opportunities within specified customer and accounts.
- Cultivates strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers with Account and develops deep knowledge of the Customer/Account organization.
- Analyses potential opportunities and develops detailed business plans and sales strategies for each customer and account in liaison with CRU Management. Monitors actions and results against plans.
- Identifies and responds to customer and account needs in order to define potential PAREXEL opportunities. Ensures appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer and account.
- Works with Portfolio Directors, Project Directors/Leaders and Functional Managers to identify sales team and prepare presentation.
- Educates team participants in customer and account culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Leads the entire sales process, including identifying the appropriate team and sales messages for pitch and preparing and leading the sales presentation.
- Coordinates with the Proposal Development Group (BPS) to develop proposal and CRU Management to finalize strategy and pricing.
- Handles follow-up related to the sales and facilitates completion of contractual documents.
- Ensures appropriate hand-off to project team by transferring knowledge on Customer/Account needs and expectations.
- Shares customer and account strategies and sales plans with operations.
- Coordinates with Portfolio Directors, Project Directors/Leaders and Functional Managers and CRU Management to escalate and quickly address customer and account issues/concerns.
- Seeks input from Portfolio Directors, Project Directors/Leaders and Functional Managers to proactively address Change in Scope (CIS), new opportunities or customer dissatisfaction
- Works with Portfolio Directors, Project Directors/Leaders and Functional Managers and CRU Management to ensure Changes in Scope (CIS’s) are appropriately negotiated with the customer and account
- Maintains high visibility within Customer/Account organization
- A postgraduate degree in business, sales, marketing or scientific discipline or equivalent relevant previous business development experience from the CRO / Pharma or Life Science Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic business awareness and results orientation.
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office and other standard software.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrable competency in sales or business development preferably for a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company providing services to the healthcare or life science industry (knowledge of FDA regulated drug development process helpful).
- Previous high level business development or sales experience working in a large multinational is preferable.
- Previous late phase (II-IV) selling full CRO service is desirable although Early Phase (I), PC or e-clinical maybe also considered.
- Previous experience of selling into small, medium and large Biotech / Pharma companies is important.
- Being able to demonstrate previous successful sales history or achievements vs. targets is imperative.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, company car plus a great commission scheme as well as a benefits package including holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, medical insurance plus other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
101-105 Oxford Road
|Tel:||+44 1895 238000|
|Fax:||+44 1895 238494|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.