Company: Index Pharmaceutical
Closing Date: 26 Mar 14
Salary (ÂŁ): On Application
We are assisting our client, a medical communications agency, in finding a (senior) medical writer to be based in Cheshire or London.
There will be a full and varied workload, including publications-related work, meetings (advisory boards, symposia, masterclasses), multi-media deliverables, etc.
• To consistently produce high quality medical education and communications materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies that consistently meet the project specification, budget and delivery schedule.
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of healthcare compliance guidelines, laws and standard operating procedures and ensure adherence at all times.
• Carefully take, correctly interpret and implement a project specification/brief.
• Research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of medical education and communications materials including scientific abstracts papers, posters, oral presentations, print items, and multimedia.
• Professional liaison with pharmaceutical industry key contacts, healthcare professionals and other external service providers.
• Accurate/precise interpretation and incorporation of amendments.
• Manage/co-ordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage, according to standard operating procedures.
• Check printer’s proofs (text, layout, colour, specification) and sign-off for print/production.
• Provide direction for the development of creative designs.
• Develop and implement project schedules.
• Support the delivery of scientific meetings including pre-meeting and on-site activities, preparation of content, liaison with pharmaceutical industry staff, faculty, speakers and audiovisual providers.
Key result areas
• Consistent delivery of engaging medical education and communication projects that fulfil the project service requirements and deadlines.
• Effective, professional and ethical interaction with pharmaceutical industry key contacts, healthcare professionals and external service providers.
• Adherence to healthcare compliance laws, guidelines and standard operating procedures
This Medical Writer role will include development of marketing and clinical-type projects.
Candidates must have excellent inter-personal/communication skills, including client/opinion leader contact skills.
• Educated to degree level or above in a biomedical discipline (or equivalent).
• Good understanding of healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience of delivering medical writing projects to specification and service delivery timelines in an agency or comparable environment.
• Excellent scientific writing style and ability to adapt to target audience.
• Attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, layout and design.
• Excellent project/time management and organisational skills.
• Demonstrate creativity in the production of engaging medical education and communication materials.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• IT skills (including Microsoft Office, database and internet searching).
• Understanding and adherence to healthcare compliance laws and guidelines.
• Understanding of print/production procedures.
• Budget and timeline adherence.
• Understanding of drug development process and regulatory guidelines.
Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Index Pharmaceutical is a specialist recruitment consultancy within the Clinical Research and Medical Communications sectors in the UK and mainland Europe. Established in 1998, Index Pharmaceutical benefits from many established relationships with top global CRO’s, Pharmaceutical Companies, Medical Communications Agencies, Biotech’s, Market Access and Health Economics Consultancies.
Our dedicated team of Consultants offer a confidential recruitment service to both clients and candidates alike and can be contacted on 01252 615100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please e-mail your CV quoting our reference number.
182-184 Fleet Road
|Tel:||+44 (0)1252 615100|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1252 810700|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|