Company: Chiltern International
Location: Home Based Anywhere in UK
Reference: MLJ 5152
Closing Date: 02 Jan 14
Type: Full Time
Salary (ÂŁ): Negotiable
Benefits: 25 days leave, car or allowance, pension, LI, gym membership subscription contribution.
Chiltern work in collaboration with Allergan, a global healthcare company, through a Functional Service Provider contract to provide CRA resource across Europe (primarily Western Europe). As part of the FSP programme, we are now looking to recruit a CRA within the UK to join the Chiltern Monitoring Team. This will start in Spring - Summer 2013, full time. We may also consider a CRA for 4 days/week for this role. Ideally you will be employed by Chiltern and seconded to Allergan.
CRAs with a minimum of 2 years experience
• Life science degree or equivalent
• Experience in performing all visits types: SQV, SIV, SMV, and COV
• Experience across a number of phases (primarily Phase III)
• Demonstration of knowledge and competence using electronic systems e.g. CTMS, eCRF
• Basic IT competence required (email, internet, word, excel)
• Good standard of oral and written English
• Previous home-working experience (if not, need to work from the office for a period of time first before becoming home-based)
• Profile and ambition consistent with a “career CRA”
Founded in 1950, Allergan has approximately 5,000 employees worldwide and is global specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes innovative products for the eye care, neuromodulator, skin care and other specialty markets. Therapeutic areas covered by Allergan include glaucoma, retinal disease, dry eye, pain, movement disorders, plus retinoid technology platforms with applications in psoriasis, acne, photo-damage, metabolic disease and various types of cancer.
Expectations of the role:
The primary duties for the CRAs placed within the Allergan FSP are as follows:
• To prepare and conduct all site visits including, but not limited to, qualification visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, motivational visits, audit support visits, and termination visits in accordance with study monitoring plan and ALLERGAN’s SOPs.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with assigned study sites in order to effectively manage each site through the clinical trial and be proactive in dealing with any issues, e.g. recruitment
• Document all site visits within visit reports in a timely manner (first draft submitted within 5 working days; final report within 10 working days)
• Appropriate follow-up with sites after monitoring visits to document findings and resolution of identified issues.
• Be an integral team member and support the study team to ensure the smooth-running of the clinical trial
• Update all Allergan Clinical Trial Systems as required to provide effective study status updates for assigned sites
• Sites to be maintained to an inspection-ready standard. CRAs will be expected to prepare and attend any audit / inspection as required and complete any corrective and preventative actions as required from audit / inspection reports.
• An FSP CRA can expect to be assigned to 10 to 12 sites across 2 – 3 protocols
Performance and Quality Expectations:
• To perform 8-10 site visits per month
• To complete a first draft of the site visit report within 5 working days of the site visit and to ensure finalization of the visit report within 10 working days of the site visit
• To attend, actively participate and complete required training documentation in all relevant training and SOP training sessions in a timely manner or as directed by the Chiltern Line Manager or Allergan RAM.
Key Words Clinical Research Associate. Part Time. Full time. Senior CRA. Career CRA.
171 Bath Road
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|