Who should attend?
- Forecasters who want to build more evidence based approaches into their forecasts.
- Marketers who want to understand how to link forecasts to their real-world concerns (like the competitiveness of their product profile, promotional spend, speed to market etc.).
- Market researchers who want to know how to take data from surveys and audits and reflect them in forecasts.
- Market access and pricing executives who want to break down the silos that exist between forecasting and other functions and to understand how their concerns should be reflected in forecasts.
- As well as any other executive who has to produce or receive a forecast as a part of their professional role.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Learn the techniques and approaches that have been proven to work best for forecasting sales of pharmaceuticals – including pharma-specific drivers like market access, step-care, targeted therapies etc.
- Be able to challenge the forecasts others have produced for you, and build your own forecasts in most situations.
- Understand the concepts behind evidence based forecasting techniques for pharmaceuticals, which will be explained in simple, non-mathematical terms and backed up with real examples from the pharma industry rather than with vague illustrations.
- Be able to determine the right level of detail to include in your forecast and understand the reliability of the different data sources you will use.
- Receive an Excel-based forecasting tool which integrates all the techniques taught during the workshop. This ensures you leave with a hands-on ability to apply what you have learned over the two days.
- Receive Gary’s book Sales Forecasting for Pharmaceuticals: An Evidence Based Approach. This is an excellent resource which dives further into the content and examples covered during the course and will assist you in your forecasting activities.