Who should attend?
Pharmacists starting out in critical care
Pharmacists who wish to refresh their knowledge in the critical care area
The aim of this masterclass is to provide the required knowledge and skills for pharmacists who are starting out in critical care.
At the end of this masterclass, participants will be able to:
- Identify the causes of shock and the balance between perfusion and pressure
- Describe the basics of fluid balance and fluid choice in critical care
- Describe the advanced practitioner framework and explain its relevance to their role
- Inform choices on critical care specific drugs; keeping the patient calm, connected to the ventilator and free from pain
- Describe pharmaceutical aspects of the management of sepsis and septic shock
- Identify important aspects in pharmaceutical screening of critically ill patients
UKCPA Member Price: Â£130
Non-Member Price: Â£199