The gastrointestinal (GI) disorders market has been one of the largest and most profitable therapeutic areas in the world pharmaceutical industry. With a reported $49.9bn in revenues in 2007, the GI disorders market competes consistently with cardiovascular diseases and oncology for the top 3 therapeutic areas in terms of market value. In 2007, this sector contributed seven blockbuster drugs, four of which ranked among the top 20 highest revenue generating prescription drugs in the world. However. the market is now mature, with well-established treatments now nearing the end of their patent life. So can you and your company continue to benefit from this market? Are you in a position to capture new profitable shares of the market?
There are new developments, with leading products achieving high blockbuster revenues. A number of these, including the third most lucrative drug label in the world, Nexium, are due to lose their patent protection within the next 5-8 years. The emergence of biologics for IBD treatments has slowed the decline of this market considerably, with high value products for this difficult-to-treat condition. Such products have facilitated a continuing rise in sales for the GI market. But how long can the biologics stabilise a market that is experiencing decline in sales of major products, especially due to generic competition? This informative, fully independent report will tell you. And tell you today!!
The purpose of this market report - World Gastrointestinal Disorders Market 2008-2023 - is to examine the prospects of the GI market. This report includes sales forecasts for leading products and submarkets, in addition to the overall GI market. The GI disorders market is one of the largest and most important in the pharmaceutical industry. Furthermore, the treatment of GI disorders has a high profile, both among the general population and in organised healthcare. Importantly, the GI market has recently entered a crucial phase, with mounting commercial pressures affecting revenue generation and causing market participants to reconsider strategies. This report outlines how leading companies are responding to the opportunities, threats and uncertainty.
World Gastrointestinal Disorders Market 2008-2023 examines the GI market critically through detailed analysis of market leaders and new developments, interviews and questionaires with industry players, plus commercial databases, company reports and business/industry news. Visiongain applied unique in-house techniques for financial forecasting, plus SWOT analysis and the assessment of unmet needs to provide a comprehensive market report with detailed analyses and informed opinion. In particular, this report concentrates on the following essential aspects of the GI market:
• The current state of the world market for drugs to treat gastrointestinal disorders
• Drivers and restraints
• Opportunities and threats
• Key industrial players in the GI market
• Revenue trends in the world gastrointestinal market between 2008-2023, including principal submarkets
• Prospects for leading GI drugs between 2008-2023
• A comprehensive discussion of patent expiry and generic substitution and their commercial implications
• Analyses of the principal national markets for GI pharmaceuticals
• Discussion of leading pipeline products and line extensions.
Why you should buy this report:
-To receive a comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the world gastrointestinal disorders market from 2008-2023, including sales forecasts, major growth areas and most talked-about pipeline products
-To discover predicted revenues, growth rates and other key metrics in the world gastrointestinal disorders market from 2008-2023, especially for leading brands
-To determine the forces that influence the gastrointestinal disorders market
-Drivers and restraints on market
-Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
-To find out where the world gastrointestinal disorders market is heading from 2008 onwards, both technologically and commercially.
Further unique benefits to you when you order this report:
• You can access your report online, wherever you are
• Full searchable report when you buy the company or corporate editions
• Copies can be printed conveniently for offline reading
• Packed with charts, analysis, figures, graphs and tables.
- PRICING -
• Individual report pricing - single user copies of this report are available for only GBP1499
• Departmental copies (this entitles up to 5 individual users in your department) of this report are available for only GBP2999. This is not suitable for library usage.
• Allow your whole company to have access to this information for only GBP4999. Company-wide License allows your whole company access and intranet use on CD Rom and .pdf. Suitable for library storage and use.
• Does your company have over 2,500 employees? Have the whole company access this information for a special rate of only GBP6999.
Last updated on: 27/08/2010 11:40:18
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.