1. What are you looking for : Firstly, it may sound silly, but I'm going to assume you know what you are looking for! OK, maybe that’s not so silly, but think about the job title that you want. For example, Sales Manager, or Clinical Research Associate. Also consider the location(s) that you are interested in. You are going to enter this into the our search engine so. I would initially start with purely free text searching; for example enter "Sales Manager Oncology, London." (incidentally, I just tried it and there are 12 listed),
2. Your CV : You will also need a good CV. There are plenty of CV books available and lots of companies online who offer a CV service.
3. Covering letter : When you apply for a job (however you do it) you need a covering letter, and a good one can make the difference between your CV being looked at or not. Again, there are numerous books out there, but I suggest looking here first.
4. Start to Search : Once you have your CV and covering letter honed to perfection, then you can start your search.
Start your search here: http://www.pharmiweb.com/careers/searchchoice.asp as this gives you a page where you can initially change your location in the world. If you are looking for a global role (or you want to see what is available from a specific company e.g. Roche) then use the "World option", otherwise select the region of your choice.
5. Search for Jobs: You will then be presented with the search screen. As an initial search I always recommend using just the free test search. You will however need to select a local region (Select ALL if you are not sure) and a sort order too. This will give you an in initial search result, and from this you can determine if you need to refine it further. If you want to see more detailed summaries of each role, you can use the
"Summary: Show or Hide" option at the top of the results. You can also change the order of the results on the page.
6. Refine your Results: If you get too many results, you can use the bar on the right hand side of the screen to make your refinements.
7. View The Jobs: Too find out more about any role that looks good, click on the "More details" link, and you will get the page that gives full information about this role. You can step through each page in you results using the "Next Job" or "Previous Job" options.
8. Save Your Search : If you think the search results are great, and that you want to be notified of new matching jobs automatically each day, simply add your email address to the
9. Apply Now : If you see the job of your dreams and you are appropriately qualified, click on the "Click here to apply" button.
10. The Application Process : Next you will be taken through the simple application process. All you have to do is add your CV and your "covering letter" and go.
10. MyPharmiWeb profile : If you create a simple myPharmiweb profile, next time you will be able to re-use your CV, you also get the opportunity to add your CV to our CV database. This is a great idea as our clients constantly search this database for appropriate candidates.
The jobs constantly change, so it’s worth checking back regularly.
Last updated on: 11/02/2011 13:56:16