New York, NY (July 3 2012) BuzzBack, an innovator in online market research, today announced participation at The PMRG Institute in Philadelphia, October 14-16, 2012. The session will highlight new diabetes research: issues around the disease, day-to-day behaviors, and feelings among sufferers and physicians. Carol Fitzgerald, President of BuzzBack Market Research will present.
Type 2 Diabetes is growing at an alarming rate globally with over 430 million adults expected to be impacted by the disease by 20301. As a result, many companies are focused on finding solutions. Fielded in January 2012, BuzzBackâ€™s study surveyed patients of type 2 diabetes taking oral medication and doctors and endocrinologists treating the same in the US and UK. Highlights of the research reveal:
- Weight, diet and exercise represent key day-to-day challenges of people living with type 2 diabetes
- The majority of patients say theyâ€™re generally managing well, but the majority of doctors say the opposite
- Living with diabetes causes sufferers to feel burdened, trapped, worried and anxious; doctors understand some these factors, but also see compliance as an underlying issue
- Three quartersâ€™ say doctors are most influential in the treatments they choose to treat type 2 diabetes; doctors rely on clinical proof to make patient recommendations
- Top oral medications patients currently take include Metformin and Glucophage, though doctors prescribing these treatments may change their selections in the future
â€ťDiabetes is an epidemic,â€ť says Fitzgerald. â€śWe conducted this research because we have many clients working on products for people with type 2 diabetes â€“ from pharmaceutical companies to food and beverage suppliers. Our new research reinforces some of the current behavioral challenges, but it also reveals new learning around emotions and other motivational factors critical in driving patient and physician behavior and attitudes. It will provide important context and understanding for marketers focused on this growing population.â€ť
For more information about the study, or to receive a copy of the report, email email@example.com or visit www.buzzback.com
to learn more. For more information about PMRG, visit www.pmrg.org.About BuzzBack
Since our founding in 2000, BuzzBack has been a pioneer in developing online research techniques that provide richer understanding, depth and emotional insights. We help todayâ€™s leading and emerging consumer, technology, pharmaceutical and financial services companies successfully connect to consumers, as well as optimize concepts and new product ideas. We conduct research in 25+ countries and both our techniques and researchers have been recognized by the industry, with numerous awards from the ARF, MRS/ASC, and ESOMAR. BuzzBack is a woman-owned diversity supplier with WBENC certification.
ÂąDriscoll, P. â€śThe Growing Need for Diabetes Management Globally.â€ť MedMarket Diligence, 10 September 2010. (http://mediligence.com/blog/2010/09/24/the-growing-need-for-diabetes-management-globally/).
For more information:Editor's DetailsMelanie Degnan
Last updated on: 03/07/2012