Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hkzc95/xeljanz) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Xeljanz (tofacitinib) (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.
The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizer's Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lilly's anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZ's SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Pfizer has developed Xeljanz (tofacitinib;formerly known as tasocitinib), an oral, small-molecule inhibitor of JAK3 kinase for the treatment of RA, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, transplant rejection, and dry eye syndrome. Xeljanz (tofacitinib) is the most advanced kinase inhibitor in development for RA and is a first-in-class product. Xeljanz (tofacitinib) targets the JAK pathway, thus disrupting the intracellular signal pathway through which cytokines regulate immune responses.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Xeljanz (tofacitinib) including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Xeljanz (tofacitinib) for the top eight countries from 2011 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Xeljanz (tofacitinib) performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Xeljanz (tofacitinib) from 2011 to 2022 in (the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hkzc95/xeljanz
Source: GlobalDataBusiness Wire
Last updated on: 21/01/2013