Evidence of the growing emphasis on alliances and external collaborations as a route to success in the pharma industry is highlighted by the fact that partnerships within the biopharmaceutical sector are currently being formed at the rate of $5 billion per year, according to Arrowhead Publishers' new report Strategies for Innovation in Pharmaceutical R&D: Enhancing R&D Through Biotech Alliances and CRO Outsourcing (http://www.arrowheadpublishers.com/StrategiesforInnovationinPharmaceuticalRandD.html)
The modern pharmaceutical company faces numerous challenges in its efforts to improve productivity and to strengthen the product portfolio. In an attempt to counteract the pressures of operating in a global pharmaceutical market, companies have sought to establish relationships with external partners such as biotechnology companies and Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) as a means to remaining competitive and profitable.
Alliances and external collaborations have provided companies with the opportunity to gain access to new technological breakthroughs and novel expertise regardless of national or geographical boundaries. Evidence of the growing emphasis on alliances and external collaborations as a route to success is highlighted by the fact that partnerships within the biopharmaceutical sector are currently being formed at the rate of $5 billion per year.
This new report from Arrowhead Publishers is designed to provide information, insight and in-depth analysis of alliance and licensing activity within the pharmaceutical industry in order to identify the challenges faced by members of the pharmaceutical community; current trends in partnering activity; an understanding of the dynamics of the buyer-supplier relationship and best practices for managing external collaborations. The report is aimed at providing an appraisal of the partnering process, and insights into the current environment of pharmaceutical discovery and development.
Strategies for Innovation in Pharmaceutical R&D includes the following features:
• A thorough market analysis of the global pharmaceutical industry, including the challenges faced by pharmaceutical manufacturers and the technological developments currently affecting innovation
• Guidelines for partnership management, with profiles of market leaders in the areas of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and clinical research
• An informative and vital source of reference that provides practitioners with easy to access case studies, tabular data, key competitor profiles and a glossary of key pharmaceutical terms and definitions, with details of alliance and licensing deals within the biopharmaceutical sector
• A review of key developments taking place in the environment of pharmaceutical R&D and an evaluation of possible strategies for facilitating the drug discovery and development process
• Analysis of the significance of biotechnology to the pharmaceutical industry, including key trends in pharmaceutical alliance and licensing agreements
• An assessment of the importance of outsourcing to the drug development process, and an overview of the market for contract research, including key trends in pharmaceutical licensing agreements
For more information:
Last updated on: 27/08/2010