The World Market for Prescription Cardiovascular Drugs, 2nd Edition
Countries covered: Global
As one of the most competitive pharmaceutical markets, keeping track of the cardiovascular drug market can be a difficult undertaking. The range of therapeutic options available to physicians has expanded significantly in the past few years, and will continue to increase with a robust pipeline.
Kalorama's 2nd edition of The World Market for Cardiovascular Drugs Market is designed to steer marketers through the sheer size and diversity of the current market and the potential of new products that will make this therapeutic category among the most competitive of prescription drug segments.
Analyst Mary Ann Crandall considers both the exisiting products and the pipeline in this comprehensive market study. The following market segments are covered:
- Cardiac Glycosides and Positive Inotropic Agents
- Antihypertensive Agents (ACE Inhibitors, Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists, Adrenergic Blockers, Beta Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers, Combinations)
- Antiarrhythmic Agents (Class I, Class II, Class III)
- Vasodilators and Peripheral Vasodilator Agents
- Antihyperlipidemic Agents (Bile Acid Sequestrants, Fibric Acid Derivatives, Statins, Nicotonic Acid)
- Blood Modifiers (Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, Thrmbolytics)
- Diuretic Agents (Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors, Loop, Potassium-Sparing, Thiazides)
- Other Cardiovascular Agents
Specific diseases and disorders discussed include:
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Other disorders
The report details the various categories of cardiovascular drugs and describes U.S. and non-U.S. markets in each of the specific cardiovascular drug areas. Revenues are considered in each subsegment according to type of drug. In addition, top products in each category are reviewed. The report also covers market drivers and trends that are influencing the market, including:
- Obesity Epidemic and Heart Disease
- Statin use
- Inflammation Reduction
- Unique Drug Combinations
- Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Disease Risks
- CAD Risk Factor Differences in Sexes
- Women and Heart Disease
- OTC Statins
- Genetic Research and Wafarin Use
- Future Trends in the Pharmaceutical Arena
The report further identifies major market factors, which are discussed in detail, and a total market summary is presented. All market data are presented at the manufacturersâ€™ level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year for data was 2004. Historical data are provided for 2002 and 2003, and forecast data are provided for each of the years 2005 through 2009. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment and subsegment. Market shares are provided for each market segment for the 2004 base year. As part of Kalorama's trusted information-gathering process, information and analysis presented in this report are based on extensive interviews with senior management of top companies and other participants in the cardiovascular market. Background information was obtained from a comprehensive search of published literature and reports obtained from various government, business, medical trade, and international journals.
Key information from published literature was used to conduct interviews with over 41 industry executives and product managers to validate and obtain expert opinion on current and future trends in the cardiovascular market. Interviews were also used to confirm and/or adjust market size estimates, as well as in formulating market projections.