Drafting International R&D Collaboration and Joint Venture Agreements
This intensive, practical one-day course will explain what you need to know and do to get the best commercial results from your R&D and joint venture agreements, whether they are operating in the UK or across borders.
When you are embarking on a project which is in partnership with another organisation, be they academia or industry, both parties will need to agree on the thorny topics of IP ownership, other common provisions and the type of collaboration structure that will suit them both. The allocation of risk and ancillary aspects such as confidentiality, material transfer agreements and heads
of terms also have to be wrestled with.
Why you should attend
- Understand the full extent of the project and each party’s role and responsibility
- Appreciate the substantial impact that intellectual property rights have upon your agreement
- Explore the benefits of each of the key collaboration structures and which one is the best fit for your commercial objectives
- Understand the most important common provisions, which you should recognise and deal with correctly
- Recognise the key points to consider when contracting internationally
- Get answers from our expert on areas of particular concern and discuss current issues with other delegates engaged in similar activities