Foundation in Paediatric Pharmaceutical Care 8th International Masterclass
- St Thomas’ Hospital
- Westminster Bridge Road
- SE1 7EH
- View on a map
- More Information:
The Foundation in Paediatric Pharmaceutical Care 8th International Masterclass is run by the Paediatric Pharmacy Team at Evelina London Children’s Hospital, which is part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. The masterclass is part of a Kings Health Partners (KHP) initiative.
Overall masterclass aims and objectives
The three day masterclass has been specially designed by the course directors to provide an update on the latest developments in paediatric pharmacy and aims to discuss best practice methods in the safe use of medicines in children. The programme has been created to ensure that delegates gain the most from their time visiting Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
After completing the course programme delegates will:
- Have a good knowledge of the best practice in dealing with common paediatric clinical problems; from general to more specialised care
- Have a strong understanding on age appropriate formulations for safer purchasing and administration of medicines to children
- Be aware of practical pharmacology aspects of medicines in children, and be able to apply this knowledge in practice
- Set out appropriate risk/governance strategies to make their paediatric pharmacy practice safer and more effective and look at ways to measure success
- Be familiar with where to access paediatric information resources
- Recognise worldwide initiatives for improving medicines for children
To attend this masterclass it is required that you are a qualified and practicing pharmacist.
The masterclass is ideal for pharmacists with an interest or understanding of paediatric pharmaceutical care. We will accept pharmacists from all specialities and backgrounds and, although the content is primarily designed for overseas pharmacists, UK pharmacists are also more than welcome to attend.