ipvc 2020: 33rd international papillomavirus conference
- Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona
- Plaça de Willy Brandt
- View on a map
- More Information:
- Organiser: International Papillomavirus Society
- Name: IPVC 2020 Secretariat
- Email: email@example.com
The 33rd International Papillomavirus Conference and Basic Science, Clinical and Public Health Workshops will be held in Barcelona, Spain from March 23-27, 2020.
The theme of the Conference is “Science and education for action against HPV”. Through workshops, lectures, oral and poster sessions presenting the latest research results, the program will cover papillomavirus (PV)-related topics from basic science to global health impact. We will be paying special attention to HPV prevention and control in populations that are most vulnerable to HPV disease worldwide, including those in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
In line with the IPVS mission of addressing the most recent advances across the spectrum of PV research, conference themes will across 3 tracks - Basic Science, Clinical Research, and Public Health / Epidemiology - including:
- Epidemiology and molecular biology of PVs
- Animal models for the study of papillomavirus disease
- Basic immunology and pathogenesis of PVs
- Therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines
- Prevention of HPV associated cancers, particularly cervical cancer and other PV-associated diseases
- Promotion of the spread of the scientific knowledge to benefit the whole community
Our overarching theme will be harnessing the power of innovation from HPV research to deliver global prevention and control of HPV-related disease.
Barcelona is a hub for innovation and health research and a vibrant exciting city with a proud history and diverse cultural and pleasurable activities to offer.
See you at IPVC 2020!
Margaret Stanley (IPVS President) and Silvia de Sanjose
IPVC 2020 Co-Chairs