Leadership Skills for Pharmaceutical Professionals
Working in the pharmaceutical and device industries has become increasingly challenging and fast moving. Previously, excellence in technical areas would have guaranteed a successful career. Now, to develop and even sustain your career you will almost certainly need to build your leadership skills to perform in your existing role or gain promotion. As companies turn more towards team working – both in departmental and multifunctional teams – to maximise an organisation’s performance, employers are looking for people who can genuinely lead their staff, departments, projects and organisations to success.
Leadership skills are an extremely valuable commodity and need to be learned (rarely are they naturally acquired). As a leader you are expected to inspire vision, develop commitment, retain staff and lead your team/department/ organisation to achieve outstanding performance, thus advancing your career.
This comprehensive two-day course will introduce you to the core concepts of what makes an excellent leader in the pharmaceutical industry – and how to apply the different skills of leading your staff or team to maximise results. You will become competent and familiar in a range of well-recognised leadership techniques, which you will then go on to use on a daily basis when you return to the workplace, enabling you to perform at a higher level.
This course will include pharmaceutical case studies and interactive discussions to share best practice.
Key topics to be addressed:
- Understanding leadership and how to develop your leadership to a higher level
- How to apply leadership to set your strategic direction
- Leading and developing your team, department or company to stay relevant to today’s pharmaceutical business needs
- How to lead successful change in the pharmaceutical industry
Who should attend?
This course, designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, medical device and animal health industries, will be relevant for existing leaders/managers who wish to enhance leadership skills to a higher level, as well as those new to or aspiring to a leadership/ management role including:
- Team leaders, project leaders and managers
- Heads of departments
- Managers who have received little or no formal leadership training and who need to enhance their skills
- Anyone who wants to develop leadership skills to achieve greater success