Mt Hood 2020: Economics, simulation modelling & diabetes
- Saieh Hall for Economics.
- Richard Doll Building, Old Road Campus
- United Kingdom
- View on a map
- More Information:
The next Mount Hood challenge meeting will be hosted by the Center for Chronic Disease Research and Policy (CDRP) at the University of Chicago immediately after the American Diabetes Association 80th Scientific Sessions. The aim of this meeting is to promote the use of health economics and diabetes simulation models. A focus of the meeting will be on modelling future costs and using simulation models to inform economic evaluations.
The meeting will include a combination of:
- set challenges undertaken by groups who have developed simulation models;
- plenary lectures (by Dr. Jacqueline Shreibati, Research Scientist at Google Health and Prof Joel Hay, University of Southern California).
- presentations by groups building diabetes simulation models, or undertaking related health economic work;
The conference will include a combination of challenge sessions and more traditional conference presentations, as well as a conference dinner. This meeting will include a special celebration to mark the 20th anniversary of the first Mt Hood Diabetes Challenge meeting.
There will be a half-day masterclass on diabetes simulation modelling on the afternoon of 16 June.