Ownership and Control of Intellectual Property Rights
What this programme is about
The world of intellectual property can be complex and confusing and this course is designed to get you up to speed on the main types: what they are, how to protect and exploit your own intellectual property and how to avoid infringing someone else’s. It is a perfect one-day primer designed to make you feel like a ‘mini-expert’ in every area of intellectual property rights in both practical and commercial terms. By familiarising you with the most important legislation and case law, the course will also arm you with the ability to look up further questions yourself.
In addition, the day will offer an invaluable opportunity to ask the expert trainer about any particular issues that may affect you and your business and to interact with other delegates and learn from their experiences.
Why you should attend
- Learn about the main types of intellectual property rights
- Understand how to protect the intellectual property rights of your organisation
- Get to grips with legislative framework and case law for each type of intellectual property right
- Consider how to avoid infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights
- Get up to date with the latest law and practice
- Understand the pitfalls – and how to avoid them
- Master the differences between copyright and unregistered design rights
- Expand your knowledge of copyright, patents and trade marks
- Appreciate how useful trade marks can be to build a brand and denote the origin of your goods and services
- Understand the risks of sending infringement letters in terms of being countersued for unjustified threats – and see how the law is changing
- Discuss any issues you are facing with colleagues from other organisations to gain new ideas and perspectives