SMi’s 9th Annual Orphan Drugs & Rare Diseases Conference
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington Forum
- Cromwell Road
- Greater London
- SW7 4DN
- United Kingdom
- View on a map
- More Information:
- Organiser: SMi Group
- Name: Simi Sapal
- Email: email@example.com
Conference: Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 October 2019
Workshop: Thursday 17th October 2019
SMi Group are proud to announce the 9th Annual Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases Conference, taking place on the 15th and 16th October 2019 in London, UK.
The orphan drug market is continuously growing and is expected to reach $176 billion by 2020, with a CGR of 10.5% just for orphan drugs – this is twice the growth rate of the overall prescription drug market (5.3% CGR from 2014-2020). By 2020, orphan drugs are set to account for 19% of global prescription sales.
This is due to the arising interest from pharmaceutical companies for underlying benefits, such as the potential discovery of mechanisms for more common diseases, and also the involvement of many smaller biotechnology start-up companies who are primarily focused on rare diseases.
The 2019 agenda features various key presentations by leading solution providers, biotechnology companies, clinical researchers, regulatory professionals and charity leaders discussing possible ways to accelerate orphan drug development and access to rare disease patients, including the introduction of recent technologies and products to help aid the access of orphan drugs.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- HEAR about the success of integrated approaches to develop a robust early access and evidence generation plan with Bionical Emas
- DISCUSS the intervention of pharmaceutical companies and patient advocates in developing lifelong rare disease treatments with Takeda
- EXPLORE the current development of strategies aimed to improve patient access to orphan drugs with Genetic Alliance UK
- GAIN INSIGHT into the various challenges facing orphan drug development with Minoryx Therapeutics
PLUS AN INTERACTIVE HALF-DAY POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP
Thursday 17th October 2019
A deep dive into strategies for accelerating patient access of orphan drugs
Workshop Leader: Workshop Leaders: Solange Corriol-Rohou, Senior Director Regulatory Affairs & Policy Europe, AstraZeneca
Cecile Ollivier, Chief Operating Officer, Aparito
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEOs, CSOs, Vice Presidents, Directors, Heads, Principals working in:
- Medical Affairs
- Medical Advisory
- Clinical Operations
- Rare Disease Research
- Patient Advocacy
- Commercial Officer
- Orphan Drug Therapeutics
- Regulatory Affairs
- Rare Disease Charity Officers
For more details and to register or this event, visit the website at http://www.orphandrugs.co.uk/pharmiwebsolutions
- BOOK BY 30TH AUGUST AND SAVE £200