The Role and Skills of a Valuable HR Assistant
An effective HR assistant plays a key role in the efficient running of a HR department. The daily pressures are demanding, employment law procedures are constantly evolving and you have to handle sensitive employee issues on a regular basis. It is vital to ensure you are up to date with key employment law issues and best practice skills to handle employee issues and problems effectively as they arise, and ensure you avoid costly errors.
In one intensive day, this highly practical HR assistant programme will make sure you are up to date with regulations and procedures to avoid infringements and the risk of costly disputes.
Benefits of attending:
- Master the steps in successful recruitment and making job offers
- Understand what must be included in a contract of employment by law and how employers can add to this to protect their particular interests or needs
- Learn how to vary contract terms
- Appreciate employee entitlement and employers’ responsibilities in different types of leave including pregnancy, maternity, paternity and parental leave
- Understand how GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 affect HR practices
- Examine the details of discrimination law to ensure that you are providing equality of opportunity and avoid costly mistakes
- Get to grips with discipline and grievance procedures to feel more confident when involved in employee disputes
- Ensure you know what ‘fair’ dismissals are and how employers are expected to be ‘reasonable’ in the manner of dismissal
- Review Rights to Work issues in the UK post Brexit