Liver Cancer Drugs Market Worth $1.47 Billion by 2022 | CAGR: 19.4%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global liver cancer drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 1.47 billion by 2022, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 19.4% during the forecast period. The growth of liver cancer market is largely driven by factors such as availability of novel drugs, presence of strong pipeline, and rising public awareness. Widening base of liver cancer patients can be attributed to unhealthy lifestyles and growing geriatric population. This, in turn, is working in favor of the liver cancer therapeutics market. Therapeutic development in second-line setting for Nexavar-intolerant patients is estimated to have a major impact in the HCC space.
Liver cancer is the fifth most prevalent cancer worldwide and accounts for 9.0% of all cancer deaths. In 2012, 782,451 new cases of liver cancer were diagnosed, and 745,533 deaths were reported due to liver cancer. Primary liver cancer remains an important public health issue due to its extremely aggressive nature and poor survival rate. Hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) represents the majority (75-90%) of primary liver cancers. A noteworthy number of etiological factors of liver cancer, including hepatitis infection and cirrhosis, can be modified and present a strong prospect to reduce its incidence and mortality by preventive strategies such as lifestyle modification and hepatitis immunization.
Browse full research report with TOC on " Liver Cancer Drugs Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapeutic Class (Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy), By Country (U.S., Japan, U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France), And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022 " at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/liver-cancer-drugs-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The U.S. accounted for more than 45.0% of the market in 2016. Multiple product launches, increasing adoption of novel therapeutics, and presence of a large target population are contributing to the growth of the market in the region
- Approval of multiple novel drugs in recent years is one of the key factors augmenting the liver cancer treatment market. New immuno-oncology products and combination therapies are anticipated to change the landscape over the next years.
- Combination regimens, specifically those including checkpoint inhibitors, will be introduced in the first-line setting to target major unmet needs, including overcoming tumour resistance, improving progression free survival, and maintaining quality of life
- The liver cancer market pipeline is highly innovative and diverse. The market offers tremendous opportunities to develop breakthrough first-in-class therapies due to high unmet needs. In recent years, innovative treatment approaches such as oncolytic viruses or RNA interference (RNAi) technology have gained significant traction in the market
- Some of the key players operating in this market are Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eisai, and Exelixis. Collaborations for development, broader product portfolios, and regional expansion in emerging markets are the key strategic undertakings of these companies to increase their market share.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Immunomodulators Market - The global immunomodulators market accounted for USD 131.7 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5.8% during the forecast period.
- Drug And Gene Delivery Devices Market - The global drug and gene delivery system market size was valued at USD 379.2 Billion in 2015.
- Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Services Outsourcing Market - The global pharmaceutical/biotechnology services outsourcing market was valued at USD 40.3 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period.
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market - The global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) market size was valued at USD 134.2 billion in the year 2015 and is estimated to reach a value of USD 239.8 billion by 2025, growing with CAGR of 6.0 %.
Grand View Research has segmented the global liver cancer drugs market based on therapeutic class and country:
Liver Cancer Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
- Targeted Therapy
Liver Cancer Drugs Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library , by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.