Naked Labs Launches World's First 3D Body Scanner for Consumers and Announces $14M Series A Led by Founders Fund
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Naked Labs Inc. announces its flagship product Naked, the world's first 3D body scanner designed for the home, is now shipping to pre-order customers and generally available in Q4 2018. Naked includes a full-length 3D scanning smart mirror with a connected rotating scale and companion mobile app, enabling users to track how their bodies change over time.
Additionally, Naked Labs announces $14M in Series A funding led by Founders Fund, with contributions from NEA, Lumia Capital, Venture 51, Seabed VC, and others. Naked also received personal investment from Founders Fund Partner, Cyan Banister. The round will be used to scale manufacturing, grow the team, and continue development of core IP.
"Founders Fund is known for investing in big ideas, and Naked Labs is no exception," says Cyan Banister. "We are excited about what the team is doing, and this is just the beginning. Once you create a platform for body models, the number of valuable services for the end user is infinite. We truly believe this will change how people interface with the internet – and their bodies."
Naked's core technology consists of a WiFi/Bluetooth-enabled mirror that uses 3 Intel® RealSense™ depth sensors to construct the user's unique 3D body model as Naked's scale rotates them 360 degrees in 15 seconds. After scanning, users can view their scan in the Naked app to see a holistic suite of metrics including body fat percent, lean mass and fat mass, circumferences, side-by-side comparisons, and graphs of historical data.
"We are pleased to provide Naked Labs with Intel® RealSense™ technology," said Sagi BenMoshe, vice president and general manager of the Intel RealSense Group. "This is a great example of how we are enabling our customers to build products that enrich people's lives through devices and machines that perceive the world in 3D."
Naked Labs believes that every body has a story. Giving people the opportunity to see themselves in an objective, visual way reveals the impact that diet, exercise, and other daily decisions has on the body. Additionally, 3D scans show progress faster than anything else, keeping users motivated and accountable. Democratizing this information — previously available only in gyms and medical facilities — empowers the individual to take control of his or her own body story.
"We have been looking forward to this day for a long time," says Naked Labs co-founder, and CEO Farhad Farahbakhshian. "Today, people are searching for evidence-based methods to track health and fitness that aren't solely focused on weight. We are excited to get Naked into people's homes to give them better insight into exactly what's going on in their body and help them work towards their goals."
Naked envisions a future where the world isn't designed for any body, but for your body. Imagine clothes tailored to the 10th of an inch, dynamic health care plans, playing yourself in a video game — all enabled by your precise digital body model. With just an additional fifteen seconds out of your daily routine, Naked can help build a world customized to you.
- 3D Scanning Technology. Three Intel(R) RealSense™ depth sensors scan your body to create your custom 3D body model.
- Built-in Feedback. Scale alignment laser and interactive light ring help you get the perfect scan every time
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips auto-sync with your iOS or Android devices.
- Laptop-Grade Processor. Naked's super-powered processor converts 4GB of raw data into a 3D version of you.
- Rotating Weight Scale. Naked's rotating weight scale works on carpet as well as hard surfaces.
- Human-Centered Design. Naked's full-length mirror fits seamlessly into your home, and the wirelessly chargeable turntable eliminates cable clutter.
- Frame Dimensions. 62.5" H x 12" W x 12" D
- Mirror Dimensions. 49.2" H x 10.8" W
- Scale Dimensions. 2.5" H x 14.6" W x 14.6" D
- Weight. Box 1 (mirror), 30 lbs. Box 2 (scale and weighted base cover), 35 lbs.
- Hardware. Built-in class 1 laser pointer to align scale before scanning, full-color LED ring to communicate instructions and feedback during scan, 20-lb weighted iron base to prevent mirror from tipping
- Connectivity. Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4/5 GHz, Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 & Bluetooth BLE, Supported OS: iOS 8.0 -11.0 and Android Lollypop, Version 5.1 minimum (API 21 & up)
- Power. Mirror: Powered by detachable, grounded 125V AC cable (4 ft/122 cm), Scale: Powered by 2200mAh lithium-ion battery, rechargeable via USB-C cable, Battery life: A fully-charged scale will last for approximately 100 scans
- Processing. CPU: Intel x86 processor, RAM: 4GB DDR4, Storage: 64GB M.2 SSD
- Sensors. 3D Depth: Intel® RealSense™ 410 Series, Motion detection: Accelerometers in mirror and scale, Weight detection: Works on carpet and hard surfaces up to 330 lbs.
- Devices. iOS smartphones running iOS 8.0 - 11.0, Android smartphones running Lollypop, Version 5.1 minimum (API 21 & up) available for download by late September, *Tablets and web-viewing are not supported at this time
Pricing and Availability
The Naked 3D Fitness Tracker is now available in the U.S. for $1,395 at www.nakedlabs.com, with new orders shipping in Q4. The companion Naked app (iOS) is free to download. Android will be available for download in late September.
About Naked Labs
Naked Labs is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on 3D scanning, computer vision, and human-centered design. The company behind the world's first 3D body scanner for the home, Naked Labs believes that people deserve objective knowledge about their unique bodies and envisions a world custom tailored to the individual — from fitness and nutrition, to clothing and ergonomics, to health and medicine — it all starts with the 3D body model.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.941.9394
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/naked-labs-launches-worlds-first-3d-body-scanner-for-consumers-and-announces-14m-series-a-led-by-founders-fund-300690173.html
SOURCE Naked Labs