cPNB Catheters Market Worth $292.8 Million by 2025 | CAGR: 6.2%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, August 6, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, August 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global continuous peripheral nerve block (cPNB) catheters market is expected to reach USD 292.8 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period. Growing orthopedic surgery volumes resulting from rising prevalence of osteoarthritis and increasing preference for ambulatory surgical centers are the key growth stimulants for the cPNB catheters market. According to the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), over 546,000 total hip arthroplasty and 789,500 total knee arthroplasty procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2014. Of these, almost 70.0% of hip replacement operations are performed to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis. This shows the potential demand for these devices in the coming years.
The rate of ambulatory surgeries is escalating due to growing number of ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), shortened recovery time, and continued improvements in regional anesthesia techniques. Costs of surgeries in ASC settings are approximately 60.0% less in comparison to those performed in hospitals. Recent inclusion of ambulatory surgeries for reimbursement of knee replacement surgeries by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in the U.S., along with inherent benefits of cPNB usage, is likely to boost the demand for these catheters in the coming years.
On the competitive front, the leading players in this space are Pajunk GmbH and B. Braun Melsungen AG. Companies with wider distributor reach, larger product portfolio, and advanced technologies are seen to lead the space. Some other key players are Teleflex, Halyard, and Vygon, which are projected to have a stronger market presence by 2025. Less prominent players trailing behind include Ace Medical, Temena, Epimed International, and others.
Browse full research report with TOC on " Continuous Peripheral Nerve Block (cPNB) Catheters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Insertion Technique (Ultrasound, Nerve Stimulation), By Indication, By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025 " at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/continuous-peripheral-nerve-block-cpnb-catheters-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The ultrasound segment, based on insertion technique, held the dominant share of 48.2% owing to associated advantages including improved block quality, faster and longer block duration, and a reduced dose of local anesthetic
- Lower extremity surgeries represented the most prominent position in the market due to increasing number of hip and knee replacement surgeries involving the use of cPNB catheters
- The ambulatory surgical centers segment is estimated to exhibit a noteworthy CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to related benefits such as shorter waiting list, quick discharge, reduced overall procedural cost, and treatment of higher number of patients
- Hospitals held 58.5% of the cPNB catheters market
- Europe is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period owing to high number of surgeries performed in this region, which involve cPNB usage to manage postoperative pain.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Radiation Detection, Monitoring And Safety Market
- The global radiation detection, monitoring and safety market accounted for USD 890.2 million in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 7.3% in the coming years.
Osteosynthesis Devices Market
- The global osteosynthesis devices market size was valued at USD 5.5 billion in 2015.
Dental X-Ray Market
- The global dental x-ray market was estimated to be USD 1.2 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
- Disposable Syringes Market - The global disposable syringes market size was valued at USD 6.4 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global continuous peripheral nerve block (cPNB) catheters market on the basis of insertion technique, indication, end use, and region:
cPNB Catheters Insertion Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Nerve Stimulation
cPNB Catheters Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Upper Extremity Surgery
- Lower Extremity Surgery
cPNB Catheters End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
cPNB Catheters Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library , by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.