Isolate Data Lines from Potentially Dangerous Leakage Current in Patient Care Vicinities
CHICAGO, Aug. 9, 2018
CHICAGO, Aug. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Tripp Lite, a world-leading manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions for the healthcare industry, has introduced a Medical Ethernet Isolator designed to close the gap on potentially dangerous leakage current. The isolator connects Cat6 network cables and is ideal for use in biomedical and healthcare IT applications.
The N234-MI-1005 is compliant with IEC 60601-1 and EMC/IEC 60601-1-2 standards, making it compliant for use in patient care vicinities. It helps a healthcare facility remain fully protected against overvoltages and static discharges that can travel through copper network cables, posing harm to patients or staff and damaging sensitive medical devices.
Typical applications for this Ethernet Isolator include connecting diagnostic equipment such as EMG or EEG machines to analytical computers.
"This solution effectively isolates medical equipment on a copper-based Ethernet network," said Jim Folk, Tripp Lite's Director of Healthcare Solutions. "It's a fully self-contained device with a safety barrier to prevent current leakage, while allowing data to flow at Gigabit Ethernet speeds."
Key Features of Tripp Lite's Medical Ethernet Isolator
- Connects network components compliant with IEEE 802.3 or IEEE 802.3ab (10/100/1000BASE-T, twisted pair)
- Passes data at speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Designed for tested and approved Cat6 network cable
- Has two female RJ45 ports and acts as a coupler
- Plug-and-play: requires no software, drivers or independent power supplyg
- Complies with the Federal Trade Agreements act for GSA Schedule purchases
- One-year warranty
Get more information about Tripp Lite's full line of solutions for healthcare at tripplite.com.
SOURCE Trippe Manufacturing Company