Kidney Cancer Drugs Market to 2022 By Therapeutic Class, Pharmacologic Class & Country - Key Players are Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eisai, and Exelixis
DUBLIN, Aug 13, 2018
DUBLIN, Aug 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Kidney Cancer Drugs Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapeutic Class (Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy), By Pharmacologic Class, By Country, And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global kidney cancer drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 6.3 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
Market growth is largely driven by factors such as availability of novel drugs and presence of a strong pipeline. Growth can also be attributed to rise in incidence of renal cancer due to growing geriatric population and changes in lifestyle such as increased smoking and intake of alcohol.
In 2012, kidney cancer was the 13th most prevalent cancer worldwide, accounting for approximately 2.0% of all adult malignancies. Kidney and renal pelvis cancer make up for 3.8% of all new cancer cases in U.S. Renal cell carcinoma account for over 90.0% of kidney carcinomas. Various forms of cancer treatment methods have been implemented among the currently approved drugs, including immune modulation therapy, cytokine therapy, mTOR inhibitor, and Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Increasing incidence of the disease and rising geriatric population globally are amongst major factors stimulating market growth
- Novel agents have expanded market opportunities through larger number of patients under treatment and better treatment prospects compared to traditional therapies. The notable clinical profile of immuno-oncology drugs is reflected their rapid uptake and expansion of indications
- The current treatment landscape in metastatic and advanced RCC will shift from TKI and mTOR inhibitors to specific immuno-oncology agents like immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI), which have demonstrated positive results on PFS as monotherapy (Opdivo) or combination therapy (Opdivo+Yervoy)
- U.S. accounted for more than 35.0% of the market in 2016 due to increasing incidence of renal cell carcinoma and presence of key manufacturers in the country. On the other hand, surge in kidney cancer screening is a key driver in markets such as EU
- Emerging markets in Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa are fueled by increasing expenditure on healthcare, a large untapped patient population base due to rise in elderly population, and improvement in diagnostic technologies
- Some of the key players operating in this market are Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eisai, and Exelixis.
- Collaborations for development, broader product portfolios, and regional expansion in emerging markets are key strategic undertakings of these companies to increase market share.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Disease Primer and Epidemiology
Chapter 4 Global Market Overview
Chapter 5 Pipeline Intelligence
Chapter 6 Company Profiles
Chapter 7 Market Outlook
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Prometheus Labs
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtfz8q/kidney_cancer?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kidney-cancer-drugs-market-to-2022-by-therapeutic-class-pharmacologic-class--country---key-players-are-pfizer-novartis-bayer-bristol-myers-squibb-eisai-and-exelixis-300696089.html
SOURCE Research and Markets