Emmy®-Nominated Actress Felicity Huffman and Registered Dietitian Ellie Krieger Beat Back-to-School Bumpy Family Mornings with #PowerHour Routines
OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 20, 2018
OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The rushed morning hour before school and work can be hectic, often filled with anxiety and angst for everyone in the family, and it has the potential to make or break how the day goes. Renew Life® Probiotics is arming parents, including critically acclaimed actress Felicity Huffman and NY Times best-selling cookbook author Ellie Krieger, RDN, with tips and tools to turn their families' morning routines into a #PowerHour that literally and figuratively fuels them with healthy, life-long habits to start each day feeling strong and empowered.
- Ease into the Day: Skip the snooze button and take some time and space in the morning to relax and slowly ease into your day. Flow through three power moves that are guaranteed to get your body and mind moving, take five deep breaths to calm your mind and get centered, or do whatever activity helps you feel strong from those first few moments of the day. "I try and make sure we sit down as a family together as often as possible, even if it's for five minutes! My husband instituted this ritual at the beginning of the meal; We all hold hands and take a deep breath together, so we actually land at the table together. Sounds a little corny, but it does bring us together," says Huffman, founder of "What the Flicka?" lifestyle site.
- Take a Renew Life Probiotic: A daily probiotic brings balance to the good and bad bacteria in your gut and helps support digestive and immune health, which you'll need now that your morning routine is kicked up a notch! A quality probiotic helps support a strong gut and a strong you, and Renew Life Extra Care 30 Billion Probiotics have three times more good bacteria in every capsule compared to the leading probiotic brands. "I have been taking a daily probiotic now for 10 years and insisting my family takes one for the last three because its impact is huge – a healthy gut positively boosts your immune and digestive health, but also affects mood, memory, sleep, kids' development and more," says Huffman. "I don't even have to remind my daughter to take Kids' Ultimate Flora – the gummies are so tasty and easy," says Krieger, a James Beard award recipient and host of "Ellie's Real Good Food."
- Eat a Balanced Breakfast: Fuel yourself with a power-packed breakfast featuring a probiotic-rich recipe. "At least once a week my husband and daughter request overnight oats, an easy breakfast I can make the night before that I know boosts my families' energy so they have a strong start to the day," says Krieger.
- Get Centered with a Daily Mantra: Reflect on one powerful statement that brings strength, confidence and encouragement to each day, and helps the whole family focus their energy on a positive intention before they head out the door. "A mantra that really works for me is, 'I will approach today with joy, grace and gratitude.' That little reminder helps me set the tone for the day and reduces my stress level a lot," says Krieger.
- Tune into the Day: Set a playlist of songs that will motivate and inspire the family, from breakfast time to teeth-brushing sessions to school and work commutes. "In the morning our playlist is classical music so our day starts off peacefully. I save the upbeat music for later in the day when I can embarrass my kids by dancing around the kitchen," says Huffman.
As everyone heads back to school and a regular work schedule, Renew Life probiotics wants to help families' toss the chaos and bring structure and strength to the mornings. An established morning routine teaches kids how to constructively control themselves and their environments, and can help promote positive mood and behavior.
Felicity Huffman and Ellie Krieger will be sharing their tips for creating a #PowerHour on their Instagram accounts found here and here (respectively). They are asking other parents to share how their family is turning the morning crazy hour into a #PowerHour, including tips to starting the day strong, for a chance to win a Renew Life Power Hour Kit and other great prizes. To enter, follow @RenewLife and post a picture or video of your morning routine with #PowerHour, #Sweeps. Official Rules
Renew Life Probiotics are sold at major retailers like Target and Walmart, in addition to specialty health and nutrition stores. For more information, visit www.renewlife.com.
The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; RenewLife® digestive health products; and Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality® and Neocell® dietary supplements. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. The company has been broadly recognized for its corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute's 2017 Wall Street Journal Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America's Top Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list, Barron's 2018 100 Most Sustainable Companies, and the first sector-neutral Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018. In support of its communities, The Clorox Company and its foundations contributed about $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing in fiscal year 2018. For more information, visit TheCloroxCompany.com, including the Good Growth blog, and follow the company on Twitter at @CloroxCo.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Media Contact: Meggan Needham
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emmy-nominated-actress-felicity-huffman-and-registered-dietitian-ellie-krieger-beat-back-to-school-bumpy-family-mornings-with-powerhour-routines-300699233.html
SOURCE Renew Life Probiotics