U.S. Health and Human Services recognizes and awards local community health centers for providing effective and high quality health care services
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 24, 2018
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Thirteen Health Center Partners of Southern Californiamember health centers received a combined total of $1.9 million from the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) as recognition for providing effective and high quality health care services.
The grant awards promote continued community health center improvements in the following categories: expanding access to comprehensive care, improving care quality and outcomes, increasing comprehensive care delivery in a cost-effective way, addressing health disparities, advancing the use of health information technology, and delivering patient-centered care.
The Quality Improvement grants were awarded to 1,352 community health centers across all U.S. states, territories and the District of Columbia. Funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), health centers will use these funds to continue to improve quality, efficiency, and the effectiveness of health care delivery in the communities they serve.
"Health Center Partners' members are at the forefront of high quality care, serving more than 800,000 patients across southern California," said Henry Tuttle, President and CEO of Health Center Partners. "We congratulate our members for positively contributing to the physical health of their patients and for being vital economic drivers in the southern California region."
The following Health Center Partners' member health centers received funding in one or more categories:
- Borrego Health was awarded a total of $96,000
- San Ysidro Health was awarded a total of $294,950
- Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc. was awarded a total of $142,748
- Community Health Systems, Inc. was awarded a total of $86,366
- Imperial Beach Community Clinic was awarded a total of $60,335
- La Maestra Community Health Centers was awarded a total of $178,366
- Mountain Health was awarded a total of $74,366
- Neighborhood Healthcare was awarded a total of $242,798
- North County Health Services was awarded a total of $166,357
- San Diego American Indian Health Center was awarded a total of $107,781
- Samahan Health was awarded a total of $32,032
- San Diego Family Care was awarded a total of $130,621
- Vista Community Clinic was awarded a total of $313,062
About Health Center Partners of Southern California
Health Center Partners (HCP) and its subsidiaries serve as the nexus for members and partners to transform primary care through the power of innovation and collaboration. Its health policy, public affairs and advocacy efforts enhance the development of and recognition for members that enrich the patient experience and improve the human condition through access to quality health care and related services for diverse communities, with an emphasis on low-income and uninsured populations. For more information, visit www.hcpsocal.org. #ValueCHCs
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-health-and-human-services-recognizes-and-awards-local-community-health-centers-for-providing-effective-and-high-quality-health-care-services-300701878.html
SOURCE Health Center Partners of Southern California