Government enforcement leaders team up with compliance professionals at HCCA's 4th Annual Healthcare Enforcement Compliance Conference
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 28, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to healthcare, it is vital for organizations to remain up-to-date on the latest enforcement trends. Attendees of the Health Care Compliance Association's (HCCA's) 4th Annual Healthcare Enforcement Compliance Conference will learn about emerging issues in healthcare regulations, compliance, and enforcement directly from government officials and other industry leaders. Held November 4-7, 2018 in Washington, DC, the conference agenda features sessions presented by government enforcement leaders paired up with compliance and legal experts.
"Given the ever-increasing emphasis on the prevention of healthcare fraud by enforcement authorities, this is a once-a-year opportunity that will be invaluable to compliance professionals," said HCCA incoming CEO Gerry Zack. "Attendees will hear first-hand from government officials about regulatory changes, expectations, and key priorities."
Highlights from the agenda include the following general sessions:
- Department of Justice Criminal Update - Joseph Beemsterboer, Chief, Healthcare Fraud Unit, Fraud Section, Criminal Division, U.S. DOJ; Sally Molloy, Trial Attorney, Fraud Section, Criminal Division, U.S. DOJ
- Department of Justice Civil Update - Michael Granston, Director, Commercial Litigation Branch, Fraud Section, Civil Division, U.S. DOJ
- Cyber Security and Risk in the Hospital Space – John Riggi, Senior Advisor for Cybersecurity and Risk, American Hospital Association
- Office of Inspector General Update - Gregory Demske, Chief Counsel to the Inspector General, HHS/OIG
- CMS Update/Program Integrity - Alec Alexander, Deputy Administrator, CMS, Director, Center for Program Integrity, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Enforcement and the Opioid Crisis Discussion - Moderator: Jason Mehta, Partner, Bradley; Gary Cantrell, Deputy Inspector General for Investigations, OIG HHS
Other session topics, including False Claims Act developments, opioid fraud and abuse, and risk management, will also be presented by teams of government, legal and compliance experts.
To view the agenda, registration info, and other conference details, visit www.hcca-info.org/hecc.
About the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
HCCA, established in 1996 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is a non-profit professional membership organization. HCCA serves 12,200+ members, offers more than 60 conferences annually, and provides information and publications, training, networking as well as other important healthcare compliance-related resources. Visit HCCA's website at www.hcca-info.org. Tel: 888-580-8373
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/government-enforcement-leaders-team-up-with-compliance-professionals-at-hccas-4th-annual-healthcare-enforcement-compliance-conference-300703550.html
SOURCE Health Care Compliance Association