Raising more than $40,000 on Kickstarter, Posture Keeper Device Gains Traction among Crowdfunders Who Want to Eliminate Workplace Back/Neck Pain
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 14, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Posture Keeper, a new device designed to prevent slouching and improve posture while at work, has raised more than four-times its campaign goal on Kickstarter – surpassing presales of $40,000.
"Computer work has generated a new genre of occupational health problems for anyone who sits in front of a computer screen every day, especially those the information technology industry," said Posture Keeper Founder Shirley Tan. "We're just glad to bring the Posture Keeper to these people so they can not only get relief, but also avoid the positions that cause the pain in the first place.
According to the Journal of Craniovertebral Junction & Spine, more than 80 percent of people who use computers for more than four hours a day complain of back pain. Studies show that one in three office workers suffer from chronic back or neck pain, as a result of spending hours working at a computer. Over a prolonged time, this can cause significant and ongoing health issues.
Developed for quick, 30-second set up in any office chair, Posture Keeper is designed so it gently reminds users to sit upright, while retraining their 'muscle memory' to improve posture over the long-term – eliminating chronic neck, shoulder and back pain.
After personally suffering with chronic neck and back pain for years, suffering from radiating pain on both arms, stiff neck and tight shoulders, Tan says she tested every medication and device with little to no improvement – with doctors even suggesting she quit her job to get relief.
After testing many products to get relief with no results, Tan used her skills as an entrepreneur to create The Posture Keeper to proactively solve back pain over the long-term.
The Posture Keeper uses lightweight straps and lumbar support to cradle and comfort the lower back. Rather than leaning forward and straining the neck, shoulders and back at a desk, The Posture Keeper reminds users sit back and erect.
- LUMBAR SYSTEMS - Enjoy comfortable lumbar support where ears, shoulders and hips are kept in alignment and the natural inward curvature of the lower spine is maintained. Posture Keeper offers extra comfort with real memory foam, keeping users comfortable and relaxed.
- STOPS NECK STRAIN – The Posture Keeper prevents users from leaning forward and straining their necks. When leaning forward, the muscles in the neck tighten, forcing a person to work harder to support the head. Sitting all day exposes everyone to huge risks for nerve and muscle, along with stiff necks!
- FITS MOST CHAIRS - Designed to fit most chairs, the user won't feel the Posture Keeper taking up most of the seat and pushing the user off the chair like other lumbar pillows. It's fully adjustable to any person's height and chair, so when they sit right, they don't even notice it.
- QUICK & EASY SET UP - It takes less than 30 seconds to assemble the Posture Keeper. Featuring a quick release mechanism that lets users easily get in and out, with no tech, no battery, and no assistant needed to improve their posture and relieve back pain.
- Comfortable straps – With its light weight and ergonomic design, its adjustable to fit most people from 4' to 6'4 in height.
- High Quality - Made with durable ballistic nylon material
"By gently reminding you to sit upright at your desk, while using a lumbar system to help retrain your 'muscle memory,' Posture Keeper not only helps your posture while you sit and when you stand, too," Tan added. "It addresses the root cause of chronic pain with a simple, transportable and easy-to-use device that's drug free."
For information and to pre-order at early-bird prices during crowdfunding, visit The Posture Keeper Kickstarter Campaign Page.
ABOUT LIVING WELL PRODUCTS
Living Well Products mission is to design and produce products that help improve consumer health and well-being. We started with the most basic product that can help people who have to work in an office at the desk and sit in their chair for long hours at a time. With the Posture Keeper, our goal is to help people improve their posture, keep their spine in alignment and help them become pain free. For more information, visit [http://www.posturekeeper.com.
SOURCE LIVING WELL PRODUCTS