Boston Scientific Announces Scheduled Presentations At Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2018
MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 17, 2018
MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced key data that will be presented at the 30th Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), the annual scientific symposium of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, in San Diego, on September 21 - September 25.
Data from the head-to-head IMPERIAL trial evaluating the ELUVIA™ Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System and the Zilver® PTX® Stent for treatment of superficial femoral or proximal popliteal lesions will be featured during a late-breaking clinical trial session on Saturday, September 22. Two-year outcomes data from the REPRISE III study, a head-to-head comparison of the LOTUS™ Aortic Valve System to the CoreValve™ Evolut™ R in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis, will also be highlighted at the meeting.
"The data being presented at TCT will provide important clinical evidence to assist physicians to make informed treatment decisions for the patients they serve," said Professor Ian Meredith, M.D., executive vice president and global chief medical officer, Boston Scientific. "We look forward to sharing the findings from the IMPERIAL trial, a first-of-its-kind large randomized safety and effectiveness trial, studying the use of drug-eluting stents for peripheral artery disease. Our investment in these key studies exemplifies our continued commitment to advancing science in the field of interventional vascular therapies, and ultimately, improving care for all patients."
All presentations are listed in Pacific Time and will take place at the San Diego Convention Center.
PRESENTATIONS OF INTEREST (listed chronologically)
Friday, September 21
- LOTUS Aortic Valve System: Final 5-Year Outcomes Of The REPRISE II Study: Long-Term Outcomes With the Fully Repositionable and Retrievable Lotus Transcatheter Aortic Valve: Nicolas Dumontiel, M.D., will present at 1:15 p.m. in Room 28D-E, Upper Level.
- LOTUS Aortic Valve System: Two-Year Outcomes After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement With Mechanically- versus Self-Expandable Valves: Results From The REPRISE III Randomized Trial: Michael J. Reardon, M.D., will present at 1:30 p.m. in Room 28D-E, Upper Level.
Saturday, September 22
- ELUVIA Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System: IMPERIAL: A Randomized Trial of Drug-Eluting Stents for Treatment of Femoropopliteal Artery Lesions: William A. Gray, M.D., will present at 10:21 a.m. in the Main Arena, Hall F, Ground Level.
Sunday, September 23
- PROMUS Element™ Plus Everolimus-Eluting Stent System: Final 5-Year Results in Unselected Patients Implanted With A Thin-Strut, Platinum-Chromium, Everolimus-Eluting Stent: the PROMUS Element Plus Us Post-Approval Study: David E. Kandzari, M.D., will present at 11:30 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall, Ground Level, at Moderated Posters 8.
- LOTUS Aortic Valve System: Paravalvular Leak in the RESPOND Post-Market Study- Predictors and Impact on 2-Year Clinical Outcomes Following TAVR With A Fully Repositionable and Retrievable Aortic Valve in Routine Clinical Practice: Jochen Wöhrle, M.D., will present at 2:57 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall, Ground Level, at Moderated Posters 5.
Monday, September 24
- SYNERGY™ Bioabsorbable Polymer Stent: Baseline Characteristics and 3-Month Outcomes of the EVOLVE Short DAPT Trial - A Prospective investigation of Abbreviated Antiplatelet Therapy in High Bleeding Risk Patients Treated With A Thin-Strut Bioabsorbable Polymer-Coated, Everolimus-Eluting Stent: Ajay J. Kirtane, M.D., will present at 10:30 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall, Ground Level, at Moderated Posters 6.
For more information, visit http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/medical-specialties/interventional-cardiology/conferences-and-events/tct.html or during TCT visit the Boston Scientific booth #507.
The company will also host an investor event and webcast on Monday, September 24 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. PT to provide a business update and answer questions from investors about the Boston Scientific cardiovascular portfolio. The event will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors. A replay of the webcast will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors beginning approximately one hour following the completion of the event.
In the U.S., the ELUVIA Stent System is an investigational device and is not available for sale.
The LOTUS Valve system is not available for use or sale.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "anticipate," "expect," "project," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend" and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding the acquisition, the financial and business impact of the transaction, product launches and product performance and impact. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; the closing and integration of acquisitions; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A – Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A – Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.
(763) 494-1284 (office)
Susie Lisa, CFA
Boston Scientific Corporation
(508) 683-5565 (office)
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation