Nursing Homes in Nevada, Oregon and Utah Receive 2018 HealthInsight Quality Awards
SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 28, 2018
SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- HealthInsight is recognizing thirty-nine nursing homes across three states for demonstrating excellence in providing high-quality care for their residents. The HealthInsight Quality Award Program recognizes high-performing health care provider organizations in the states for which HealthInsight serves as the Medicare program's Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) contractor.
To meet criteria for the Nursing Home Quality Award, a facility must rank at or above 75 percent of all facilities in the state, based on 15 long-stay quality measures reported on Medicare's Nursing Home Compare website. The facility also must have at least a 3-star rating on Nursing Home Compare. A nursing home that has received a deficiency citation rated at scope and severity G or more severe is not eligible.
"We are honored to recognize these outstanding nursing homes and the work they are doing to improve health care quality and patient care for residents in our region," said Marc Bennett, President and CEO of HealthInsight. "Their commitment to quality of care reflects their dedication to serve many of our region's most vulnerable individuals."
The HealthInsight Quality Award Program was launched in September 2004 to promote transparency in health care. As defined by the Institute of Medicine, a transparent health care system is "accountable to the public, works openly, makes results known, and builds trust through disclosure." By using publicly available quality data to identify high-performing providers and publicizing the results, HealthInsight aims to help providers improve health care and help patients become more active and informed participants in their own care.
The 2018 award recipients for Nevada, Oregon and Utah are:
- Highland Manor of Mesquite (Mesquite)
- Carson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (Carson City)
- Torrey Pines Rehabilitation Hospital (Las Vegas)
- Nevada State Veterans Home (Boulder City)
- Premier Health & Rehabilitation Center (Las Vegas)
- CareMeridian 4 Kids (Las Vegas)
- Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas (Gladstone)
- Bend Transitional Care (Bend)
- Cascade Terrace (Portland)
- Holladay Park Plaza (Portland)
- Marquis Autumn Hills (Portland)
- Marquis Mill Park (Portland)
- Marquis Newberg (Newberg)
- Mirabella at South Waterfront (Portland)
- Oregon City Health Care Center (Oregon City)
- Pilot Butte Rehabilitation Center (Bend)
- Pioneer Place Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Vale)
- Porthaven Healthcare Center (Portland)
- Portland Health & Rehabilitation Center (Portland)
- Prestige Care and Rehabilitation of Reedwood (Portland)
- Regency Florence (Florence)
- The Dalles Health and Rehabilitation Center (The Dalles)
- Timberview Care Center (Albany)
- Alpine Meadow Rehabilitation and Nursing (West Valley City)
- Cascades at Orchard Park (Orem)
- Central Utah Veterans Home (Payson)
- City Creek Post Acute (Salt Lake City)
- Country Life Care Center (Riverton)
- Fairview Care Center East Inc. (Salt Lake City)
- Heritage Hills Rehabilitation and Care Center (Nephi)
- Legacy Village Rehabilitation (Taylorsville)
- Mt. Ogden Health and Rehabilitation Center (Ogden)
- Richfield Rehabilitation and Care Center (Richfield)
- Rocky Mountain Care — Riverton (Riverton)
- Rocky Mountain Care — Willow Springs (Tooele)
- Stonehenge of American Fork (American Fork)
- Southern Utah Veterans Home — Ivins (Ivins)
- Willow Glen Health and Rehab (Brigham City)
- William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home (Salt Lake City)
Nursing home quality information is available by visiting medicare.gov and selecting Compare Nursing Homes in Your Area, or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
HealthInsight is a regional health improvement collaborative that oversees affiliated 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporations in Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah, and End Stage Renal Disease Networks across the western United States. HealthInsight holds contracts and grants in key areas of health care improvement, including leading quality improvement activities for the Medicare program as the QIN-QIO for the four-state region. HealthInsight's programs focus on transparency and public reporting; effective use of health information technology; engaging patients and communities to improve their health; and redesigning how care is paid for and delivered.
In April 2018, HealthInsight and Qualis Health announced a formal merger, combining the two organizations and their operations across the U.S. Both Qualis Health and HealthInsight have been engaged in health care quality consulting and providing quality improvement services for more than 40 years.