You'll Never Guess What Happened During One Billion Anytime Fitness Gym Visits
WOODBURY, Minn., Oct. 1, 2018
WOODBURY, Minn., Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Last week, for the 1 billionth time, someone waved a key fob in front of a scanner and then entered an Anytime Fitness gym to work out. Of course, most Anytime Fitness members go to the gyms to improve their health and fitness. But, during the 16 years since the world's largest fitness franchise was founded, much more has happened at the gyms than merely cardio exercises and weight training. Here are a few examples:
- Nine-months pregnant, Sandy Simmers'water broke while she was running on a treadmill. She finished her 4.5-mile run and her son, Miles, was born several hours later.
- Anytime Fitness franchisee Radley Westdonated a kidney to one of her gym members. "My thought process was, 'If I have to go through a little discomfort in order to improve Ryan's quality of life in the long term, that's what's important,'" Radley said. "I didn't need that extra kidney."
- Dozens of marriage proposals have taken place at Anytime Fitness gyms, including the special way Zack Underwood proposed to fellow gym member Laura Bevilaqua in Concord Township, OH.
- 86-million pounds have been shed. That's based on the average number of calories burned during a 30-minute workout – and the average number of calories you need to burn in order to lose one pound.
- 71-Year-old Betty Lou Sweeneyset the world record for planking: 36 minutes and 58 seconds.
- After being mocked by Jay Leno on national TV, Susan Bock lost 75 pounds and – for the first time since she was in grade school – ran.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8220552-anytime-fitness-one-billion-gym-visits/
"Our gyms are more than just convenient places to exercise," said Chuck Runyon, Anytime Fitness co-founder and CEO. "They are small communities, all over the world, where wonderful things happen every day."
VIDEO: "We're All The Same"
Anytime Fitness, the world's fastest-growing fitness franchise for 11 consecutive years, now has a total of more than 4,200 gyms located in all 50 states and in 30 countries, serving nearly 4-million members.
"We're committed to helping our members enjoy happier, healthier lives," said Dave Mortensen, Anytime Fitness co-founder and president. "During those 1-billion gym visits, our trainers and coaches have helped people cure their own diabetes, helped people overcome anorexia, helped members cope with a wide range of challenging life experiences. Whatever your health and fitness concerns may be, we can provide you with a personalized plan to start you on the road to a more fulfilling life."
OTHER RECENT ANYTIME FITNESS NEWS: Press Coverage
OWN A GYM : Franchise Opportunities
About Anytime Fitness
Ranked #12 on Entrepreneur's prestigious Top Global Franchise list, Anytime Fitness is the fastest-growing gym franchise in the world, with more than 4,000 gyms serving nearly 4,000,000 members on five (soon to be all seven) continents. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Anytime Fitness prides itself on providing its members with convenient fitness options and friendly, personal service in well-maintained facilities which feature top-quality exercise equipment. Gyms are now open in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, The Republic of Ireland, Wales, Grand Cayman, Poland, the Netherlands, Spain, Qatar, Bahrain, India, Chile, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Belgium, Italy, Sweden and the Philippines. All franchised gyms are individually owned and operated. Join one gym and use them all.
SOURCE Anytime Fitness