SpeedVac Vacuum Concentrators Now Offer Preset and Custom-Made Programs for Optimal Application Flexibility
The Thermo Scientific Savant SpeedVac systems achieve fast, one-click solvent evaporation
WALTHAM, Mass. – (October 2, 2018) – Chemists, chromatographers and molecular biologists can now benefit from the first-ever line of vacuum concentrators offering a library of pre-programmed protocols, while also allowing users to create custom programs, for fast and reliable evaporation of a broad range of solvents.
Built on Thermo Fisher’s leading vacuum concentration technology, the upgraded Thermo Scientific Savant SpeedVac systems provide users with the flexibility to choose from a selection of preset or custom-made programs to suit varying application needs. Like their predecessors, the new vacuum concentrators achieve a reduced drying time and are compatible with a large number of solvents, helping to boost laboratory efficiency and productivity across a wide array of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic research, industrial, agricultural and food testing applications. The Savant SpeedVac line of products consists of eight vacuum concentrators, ranging from a compact, integrated device designed for low-volume sample preparation, to medium-capacity models available in either integrated or modular designs, to large, modular systems addressing high-volume sample preparation needs.
"For decades, the Savant SpeedVac vacuum concentrators have helped scientists accelerate solvent evaporation as part of the sample preparation process, facilitating developments in genomics, chromatography and chemistry," said Amit Agarwal, vice president and general manager of water and lab products, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The new systems have been upgraded with a choice of storable programs, which help automate the dry-down process, allowing for walk-away operation and optimal peace of mind."
The Savant SpeedVac portfolio includes:
· Model DNA130 – A compact, integrated system designed for low-volume preparation of samples, including nucleic acids, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) preps and synthetic oligonucleotides, to support DNA and RNA applications.
· Model SPD120 – A medium-capacity, modular system, which is resistant to aggressive solvents used in DNA and biological applications, such as methanol and acetonitrile w/0.1% trifluoroacetic acid (TFA). It is also suitable for applications where freeze-drying or lyophilization is needed.
· Model SPD130DLX – A medium-capacity, modular system, which is resistant to aggressive solvents used in combinatorial chemistry applications, including TFA and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).
· Model SPD140DDA – A medium-capacity, modular system, used for drying aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, bases and combinatorial chemistry solvents.
· Models SDP1030 and SDP2030 – Medium-capacity, fully integrated systems, combining a concentrator, a refrigerated cold trap, a diaphragm pump and a vacuum gauge in a single, compact unit.
· Model SPD210 – A large-capacity, modular system, suitable for drying aqueous and organic solvents in large sample volumes.
· Model SPD300DDA – A large-capacity, modular system, used for drying aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, bases and combinatorial chemistry solvents in large sample volumes.
For more information, please visit thermofisher.com/speedvac
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.