SilverSneakers Available to Iowa Medicare Advantage Members in 2019
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 16, 2018
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Tivity Health announced today the features and benefits being offered to eligible Medicare Advantage beneficiaries in Iowa in 2019 through SilverSneakers®, the nation's leading fitness program designed exclusively for older adults. Iowa seniors enrolled in participating health plans will have access to SilverSneakers at no additional cost to them. The program offers access to more than 15,000 partner locations nationwide, the ability to use the benefit at multiple locations throughout the country, a wide variety of programming options, and digital tools and activities that support physical health and social interaction.
"Each year, seniors have an opportunity to choose a health plan that will offer the most value and benefits to help them stay healthy and active, and spend time doing the things they enjoy," said Steve Janicak, Chief Growth Officer, Tivity Health. "SilverSneakers continues to maintain a Net Promoter Score of 81, significantly higher than many leading national brands both inside and outside the physical fitness industry. The NPS measures how likely members are to recommend SilverSneakers to their friends. Members in Iowa and across the country ask for SilverSneakers by name and encourage their friends to participate."
SilverSneakers is offered through more than 65 health plans including the nation's leading Medicare Advantage health plans, Medicare Supplement carriers and group retiree plans. Seniors can learn more about the program and which plans offer SilverSneakers by visiting SilverSneakers.com.
"I'm in my 13th year of teaching SilverSneakers classes," said Susie Toale, SilverSneakers instructor from Independence, IA. "When you believe in a program and see positive results from your participants, a person can't help but love their job! My members speak of many benefits including socialization, flexibility, better balance, great friendships. They know they can come and feel better when they leave than when they arrived!"
In 2019, SilverSneakers members will have access to a broad range of benefits and resources including:
- Nationwide access to more than 15,000 partner locations, including 24-Hour Fitness, Curves, Anytime Fitness, LA Fitness, participating YMCAs and independent fitness locations.
- Members always have access to the entire local and national network of participating locations.
- SilverSneakers GO™, a new mobile fitness application designed to meet the goals, preferences and lifestyle of active older adults.
- CollegeSave, a tuition discount program that will allow members to designate a beneficiary and accumulate points toward discounts at nearly 400 colleges based on the number of times they visit a participating fitness location.
- Signature SilverSneakers group fitness classes taught by a trained instructor.
- Access to the FLEX network, which includes community centers, senior centers, parks and other locations throughout the country.
- Digital access to the latest health education information, as well as information about social activities and networking, through SilverSneakers' social media channels and SilverSneakers.com.
- SilverSneakers On-Demand, bringing video workouts to our members whenever and wherever they want them. Members can log in at SilverSneakers.com and choose from hundreds of workouts in multiple categories.
SilverSneakers is the nation's leading community fitness program for older Americans. The program was founded in 1992 and is available to more than 15 million Medicare beneficiaries through many Medicare Advantage plans and group retiree plans. For more information, to check eligibility or enroll, go to SilverSneakers.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/silversneakers-available-to-iowa-medicare-advantage-members-in-2019-300731591.html
SOURCE Tivity Health